Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 11, 2017 4:43 PM
Jan 11, 2017 4:49 PM

Feb 2016
It's only $399 this will sound mean but if you can't afford that especially during tax return season you have much bigger problems going for you.
PSN:ShadowStrike002

2x national and 2x all-American wrestler

Jan 11, 2017 4:51 PM

Jan 2016
Shadowtheking said:
It's only $399 this will sound mean but if you can't afford that especially during tax return season you have much bigger problems going for you.

This isn't about the system being expensive though. I just can't see the Switch selling well for 399 considering consumers can get a PS4 Slim for 299.

The Wii U was 299/350 at launch and it has failed miserably. If this is the real price of the Switch Nintendo is setting themselves up for failure.

Jan 11, 2017 5:41 PM

Jan 2013
That's a preorder sticker, so the price might be lower than that. $350 for the Switch when I can buy a better and more exploitable console is too much.

Shadowtheking said:

I don't think money was ever the problem with a price like that.

Mod Edit: Merged posts and spoil tagged large image.
ShockedJan 11, 2017 7:55 PM
Jan 11, 2017 5:50 PM

Nov 2008
No, it won't. A Wallmart employee can put any price tag on an item they want and photograph it for shits and giggles. Nintendo isn't gonna sell a console for that much.

Jan 11, 2017 6:01 PM

Feb 2015

What and why do you think " Nindendo has gone insane", in what way dude? Like... is it because it is overpriced, like really really mothafucking overpriced? Or is it too cheap?

Syrup- said:
Shadowtheking said:

[poiler][/spoiler]

Which one would you chose the games or the Nintendo thingy? Is that a win-win situation if you chose Nintendo?

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
ShockedJan 11, 2017 7:55 PM
Jan 11, 2017 6:26 PM

Jan 2016
@_Ako_ If this indeed is the price point than it's overpriced. The basic model of the Wii U was 299 and it failed miserably.

System is also underpowered and the chances of it getting worthwhile third party support is slim.

In my opinion at least if Nintendo wants any chance for this system to succeed it has to cost less than a PS4 slim. 250 would be the perfect price for this system.

Jan 11, 2017 6:45 PM

Feb 2015
Ratchetdude231 said:
@_Ako_ If this indeed is the price point than it's overpriced. The basic model of the Wii U was 299 and it failed miserably.

System is also underpowered and the chances of it getting worthwhile third party support is slim.

In my opinion at least if Nintendo wants any chance for this system to succeed it has to cost less than a PS4 slim. 250 would be the perfect price for this system.

Ohhh interesting... I guess even with the marketing now, it's still will fail huh... But it looks promising though...xD
Jan 11, 2017 6:48 PM

Jan 2013
_Ako_ said:
Which one would you chose the games or the Nintendo thingy? Is that a win-win situation if you chose Nintendo?
Why would it be a win-win. You're dumping $300 on a console when you could drop it on games instead. It's not like there are any good exclusives for it.
Jan 11, 2017 6:50 PM

Jan 2016
_Ako_ said:
Ratchetdude231 said:

Ohhh interesting... I guess even with the marketing now, it's still will fail huh... But it looks promising though...xD

The system indeed looks cool, but I think it's success depends on how much it costs.

I could see the system doing very well if it's priced at 250, and Nintendo manages to make the system appeal to the 3DS crowd. All Nintendo needs to do to make the system appeal to 3DS owners is give it a good price, and release a 3D Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon on it. Just depends on how Nintendo handles it.

Ratchetdude231Jan 11, 2017 6:55 PM

Jan 11, 2017 6:54 PM

Feb 2016
Syrup- said:
_Ako_ said:
Why would it be a win-win. You're dumping $300 on a console when you could drop it on games instead. It's not like there are any good exclusives for it.

Mario and Zelda stomped every game in that pic......
PSN:ShadowStrike002

2x national and 2x all-American wrestler

Jan 11, 2017 6:59 PM

Feb 2015
Syrup- said:
_Ako_ said:

Ohhh now I see where you are getting at now,and the pic now explains it...xD

Ratchetdude231 said:
_Ako_ said:

The system indeed looks cool, but I think it's success depends on how much it costs.

I could see the system doing very well if it's priced at 250, and Nintendo manages to make the system appeal to the 3DS crowd. All Nintendo needs to do to make the system appeal to 3DS owners is give it a good price, and release a 3D Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon on it. Just depends on how Nintendo handles it.

See, I mean the design indeed captures your eye, I mean, just look at that damn stuff... Why bother, if you can have the PS4 slim though?
Jan 11, 2017 7:01 PM

Dec 2014
give it two months the prices will come down abruptly...
Jan 11, 2017 7:06 PM

Jan 2016
_Ako_ said:
Syrup- said:

Ohhh now I see where you are getting at now,and the pic now explains it...xD

Ratchetdude231 said:

See, I mean the design indeed captures your eye, I mean, just look at that damn stuff... Why bother, if you can have the PS4 slim though?

For the past couple of years I have viewed Nintendo systems as secondary systems. I don't really care too much about if the Switch has third party support or not because at the end of the day I can play all those third party games on my PS4. If I were to buy a Switch it would be for the Nintendo exclusives.

I could see a lot of people buying the Switch if it's priced appropriately, but you can't expect people to be willing to pay 400 dollars for a new Nintendo console considering how poorly the Wii U did. For a system like this 250 is the perfect price point. Conference is tomorrow so it should be interesting to see how much it costs.
Ratchetdude231Jan 11, 2017 7:16 PM

Jan 11, 2017 7:31 PM

Jan 2016
I don't think it'll be that expensive. The WiiU was $350 at launch for the deluxe version. There's no way the switch will be more expensive than the WiiU at launch.

The switch isn't a home console. It's a handheld console with TV streaming capabilities. The 3DS is $200. The switch will probably be around $250 since it's much more powerful than the 3DS, but cheaper than a home console because it is not a home console. I'm getting one and I don't own a TV and have zero interest in sitting and playing a home console.
Jan 11, 2017 8:20 PM

Nov 2011
we should see the official msrp tomorrow (or the day after)
some think it'll go for $250 bare and $300 bundle though
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/01/retail-sources-analysts-point-to-250-price-for-nintendo-switch/

also, i shouldn't remind people that reddit is troll's hq right..?
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jan 11, 2017 8:32 PM

Jan 2013
300 for a Zelda bundle would be pretty sweet.
Jan 11, 2017 8:54 PM

Nov 2008
$399?

It's dead on arrival if it's at or near $400.

Jan 11, 2017 9:20 PM

Nov 2011
Hoppy said:
$399?
It's dead on arrival if it's at or near $400.

it would probably have trouble selling at $300 unless it comes with a seriously enticing bundle. they really need to price it around $250 or so if they really want to be somewhat competitive.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

Jan 11, 2017 10:41 PM

Jan 2013
_Ako_ said:
Syrup- said:

[poiler][/spoiler]

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
Nintendo did the same thing with the Wii-U but that never really panned out well.

I wouldn't trust Nintendo on this one until we see actual game trailers and announcements that aren't just ports.
Jan 11, 2017 11:03 PM

Jan 2013
PeenusWeenusCaim said:
I wouldn't trust Nintendo on this one until we see actual game trailers and announcements that aren't just ports.

Nintendo (Bait-and-)Switch.
Jan 12, 2017 5:31 AM

Dec 2016
Shadowtheking said:
imo you have a problem if you are struggling for money and trying to save up for a SWITCH, out of all consoles the consoles you can buy
Jan 12, 2017 10:57 AM

Nov 2011
Yachty said:
Shadowtheking said:
imo you have a problem if you are struggling for money and trying to save up for a SWITCH, out of all consoles the consoles you can buy

just because you can afford $400 on a console, it doesn't mean it's worth getting it.
pretty sure no-one here is complaining about a rumored $400 price being "unaffordable", only that it doesn't make sense. it's like people complaining that an ice cream costs $30. sure, you can buy it, but is it worth it / does the price make sense? didn't think so, either.

Jan 12, 2017 10:59 AM

Jul 2014
It's got Nvidia shit in it, so it stands to reason it'd be overpriced.

Nvidia is the Apple of PC components after all.
Jan 12, 2017 11:07 AM

Jan 2016
DreamingBeats said:
Yachty said:

just because you can afford $400 on a console, it doesn't mean it's worth getting it.
pretty sure no-one here is complaining about a rumored $400 price being "unaffordable", only that it doesn't make sense. it's like people complaining that an ice cream costs $30. sure, you can buy it, but is it worth it / does the price make sense? didn't think so, either.

Yeah pretty much this. I didn't make this thread to complain about how I couldn't afford it. If I wanted to I could easily get it, but when you look back at what happened with the Wii U Nintendo is setting themselves up for failure if they price the Switch at anything more than 300 and even 300 is stretching it.

Jan 12, 2017 11:17 AM

Jan 2016
Regardless of price, I'm getting it at launch. But seeing as how more will be revealed soon, hopefully rumors will be quickly buried. This thing is essentially like if the Wii U and the 3DS got together and had a baby, so the rumored price doesn't surprise me.
Jan 12, 2017 7:39 PM

Dec 2016
DreamingBeats said:
Yachty said:

i never said its worth getting, in fact i said the copmlete opposite. you may have read my comment/inferred my contention wrong

More topics from this board

» Minecraft???

_spoon_ - Nov 21, 2021

24 by VampireLord1024 »»
2 hours ago

» California’s new law forces digital stores to admit you’re just licensing content, not buying it

deg - 3 hours ago

1 by Lucifrost »»
3 hours ago

» Overwatch 2 x My Hero Academia | Collaboration Trailer

Old_School_Akira - 3 hours ago

0 by Old_School_Akira »»
3 hours ago

» Microsoft Office 2013+ on Linux

Agamendon - Jan 14, 2022

13 by RudeRedis »»
4 hours ago

» Thoughts on Zelda/Switch games?

coolyfruity - Yesterday

4 by lucjan »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.