Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 2, 2016 6:27 PM

Jan 2013
Is there any romance or serious moments in this anime , or is it just a comedy about snacks ?
Feb 2, 2016 7:36 PM
Oct 2012
Shomix said:
Is there any romance or serious moments in this anime , or is it just a comedy about snacks ?

No romance so far. But this is not only a comedy about snacks. Each episode is a nostalgic trip, it explains some aspect of Japanese culture (candy related) that has, for the vast majority of the population, been forgotten, so in addition to being a comedy it also is a cultural study. Of course for westerners we may not appreciate the study, but the appeal is there.

That said, as a westerner, I loved episode 4. I had known about the "Glico Man" for nearly 2 decades but I had not heard the explanation for this iconic image. It was simply a marketing "state of nature". This episode made the origin understandable, and now I have leverage over my Japanese in-laws!
Dec 3, 2017 9:05 AM

Sep 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
Shomix said:

No romance so far. But this is not only a comedy about snacks. Each episode is a nostalgic trip, it explains some aspect of Japanese culture (candy related) that has, for the vast majority of the population, been forgotten, so in addition to being a comedy it also is a cultural study. Of course for westerners we may not appreciate the study, but the appeal is there.

That said, as a westerner, I loved episode 4. I had known about the "Glico Man" for nearly 2 decades but I had not heard the explanation for this iconic image. It was simply a marketing "state of nature". This episode made the origin understandable, and now I have leverage over my Japanese in-laws!

but lets hope MC gets one of the girls its not as fun without a ship even harem ships are better then nothing even if MC doesn't choose 1 & girls decide to share him
Dec 18, 2017 2:23 AM

Sep 2016
Sugram22 said:
Takuan_Soho said:

but lets hope MC gets one of the girls its not as fun without a ship even harem ships are better then nothing even if MC doesn't choose 1 & girls decide to share him
As far as I know that isn't the purpose of this anime. But maybe something might happen in season 2 beginning early next month.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who's the best girl of Dagashi Kashi? ( 1 2 )

-Senpai- - Feb 21, 2016

50 by MeguSae38 »»
Aug 22, 12:14 AM

» A third season

HLegend - Apr 19, 2022

7 by Nishin123 »»
Aug 21, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2016

173 by Doutei-kun »»
Mar 24, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

99 by Doutei-kun »»
Mar 24, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

106 by Doutei-kun »»
Mar 24, 6:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.