Edit Anime Information

Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

May 21, 2011
zealot7 (All reviews)
Story: 6/10
Well, the story has potential, but wasn’t explained well. I was rather confused at the end, so I had to watch it again. It had a lot of symbolism and references to the game of roulette. Even the prisoners are actually named after roulette slots (R,N,V stands for red, black and green… in French). It has a few plot twists, which will keep you entertained, though.

Characters: 4/10
The characters lack names and personalities. They only reveal small pieces of their background story, which wasn’t enough to care much for them.

Animation: 7/10
The characters looked a bit awkward and their movements appeared a bit stiff. At first read more
Aug 29, 2011
lisnoire (All reviews)
Five Numbers is an anime version of the kind of short story we used to get in Science Fiction anthology magazines - a group of people tossed together in an unfamiliar and/or hostile environment trying to figure out where they are, why they are there, and how the hell they are going to get somewhere else. There is little time to get to know characters and every nuance counts. And there's the problem. Five Numbers is a good story but all the nuances and titillating hints miss the mark just enough to make you feel there could have/should have been something more. read more
Feb 5, 2016
Liliubel (All reviews)
STORY: 10/10

If you've read the synopsis it is pretty self-explanatory. There's a power outage in a prison where there are 5 prisoners and a cat. The plot is quite simple: the characters try to find an exit from the prison.

And there may be a plot twist.

ART: 9/10

The backgrounds are gorgeous. The animation of the characters feels weird in comparison though, but after a while you get used to it and becomes quite charming.

SOUND: 10/10

There aren's many song in the OVA and the most remarkable one is the ending, which is great!

CHARACTER: 10/10

Although you do not get to know the characters completely the little things read more
Dec 13, 2015
SHIR0YUKI (All reviews)
after just finishing this OVA, i felt somewhat compelled to write a short review of it.

OVERALL: 9/10
let me start of by saying that this is the only category i scored this OVA in, so i'm not going to go into detail about every other aspect but rather i'm going to be speaking generally about the OVA. So lets get on with it shall we?

this ova was interesting to say the least, it had some good concepts but it wasn't explained properly due to the lack of time. had it been longer or maybe even a series of OVA's or just a 1 cour series, I read more
Dec 17, 2017
Sidewinder51 (All reviews)
Rate a 5
English Dubbed

Story
Animation wastes no time for the mystery and immerses the audience straight away. I suppose this direct approach is okay for it allows you to connect with the characters on the ‘what’ principle. Which is vial on a mystery genre. Conclusion has a nice remark about life although was a tad confusing at least upon one watch through. My understanding was that it plays off the old saying of life is a gamble. Although, is it? That is the question raised.

Art
Computer generated. It is okay I guess not perfect. For some reason the visual appears to be faded with this drawing approach read more