Viewers take an exercise in the bathtub and an after-bath stretch with Hinako and the new character Hiyoko. A microSD card containing the OVA data will be bundled with the DVD so that users can watch the anime on their cell phones.
This is the best goddamn thing ever made. Here's why.
- The character development in this series is second to none. When we first met Hinako, she did not love us. Now she does - it takes a lot of work to reach this level of affection, much like any good dating sim. Except in this one you can just sit-back and watch your affection points rise.
- Excellent plot twists - especially the introduction of a new training technique "stretching the arms" and the new character Hiyoko. By the end of the series I was nearly in tears; the drama this
new love triangle brings about is heart-wrenching indeed.
- Ground-breaking advice and tactics for exercising - with such tips as "don't forget breathing" and "chest stretching: has bust enhancing effects" (MAKE SURE TO DO THOSE GODDAMN CHEST STRETCHES YOU LAZY FUCK).
- The voice acting is superb. I'm being especially serious here. If you read Fate/Stay Night you probably cried like a bitch during a certain scene involving Hinako's voice actor. You know the scene. If you don't, I'll tell you right now Kadowaki Mai's voice is kawaii as shit and she needs to be in more goddamn anime. Don't even know who voices Hiyoko but neither of us care anyway. GIVE ILLYASVIEL SOME MORE ROLES. Only total pansies get tired of Hinako talking and talking and talking and never stopping.
- Aside from her excellent character development, Hinako is still fucking adorable. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. I mean just look at her. Jesus Christ.
- Art and animation is beyond incredible. Fluid physics, especially during the more dramatic scenes. Now that I reflect back, I must say this is truly art as it should be. If you dislike the physics here you're a pansy.
- You might notice I gave character a 9. That's because Hiyoko is a total SLUT. Disregard her completely.
Overall this is a pcool anime I'd recommend watching it with friends/family/gf whoever since it has great lessons, advice, and is just overall a very deep and well-thought out OVA.
To round out this "trilogy" of OVA's is "Bathtime with Hinako & Hiyoko". That's right, the Hinako series is introducing a second character! (Third if for some reason you count yourself as a character in this series). Hiyoko is Hinako's friend? Roommate? Strangely distant enough cousin to not seem like it's weird that they're having a borderline sexual situation like a lot of fanservice anime does? I don't know how these two characters know each other, and I'm pretty sure that I'm overthinking this.
Basically, the first half of "Bathtime with Hinako and Hiyoko" is Hinako talking to the viewer as she takes a bath and
does some stretching and minor exercises in the bath. I guess exercising is the major theme of this whole series.
The second half introduces Hiyoko, who acknowledges that the viewer exists when she enters the room, so I guess that I, the viewer, an entity in this universe that some characters can see, but only when they're around Hinako. I have so many questions as to how this universe exists, and none of them are ever going to be answered.
From then on, it's pretty much Hinako and Hiyoko bathing together and cleaning each other. I guess you could call this the "climax" of the series. Listen, this has barely anything too it, what do you want from me?
"Bathtime with Hinako and Hiyoko" also comes with a bonus titled "Stretch Time" that takes place after the bath segment, in which Hinako stretches in the bath towel she's wearing after getting out of the bath. I guess the studio went all out with this since it not only has the most amount of animation in terms of length, but also in having the least amount of reused frames.
For some strange reason, a microSD card containing the OVA was bundled with the DVD so that people who bought it can watch it on their cell phones. I guess it's so that it's easier to watch it around the house, but I don't see people doing that on their phones. And what kind of person is watching something like this on their phone outside of their house?
Out of the three, this has the most going on, and is probably the best one because of it. And that's totally not me being biased because this one is the closest to actually being spank material.
After reading the Review above mine I was filled with curiosity as to how such a simple and seemingly pointless series could be given such sincere praise however, after watching it my opinion changed drastically.
At the start of the OVA I was somewhat unsure but I quickly got into it. The character Hinako is so soothing to the point of ASMR standards and her voice actor needs to be seen so much more like maybe as a role where the main character thinks a lot as it would be nice to just to hear more of her relaxing voice.
The stretches themselves were difficult not to
participate in and I quickly found myself stretching like a gym recruit, so the show certainly serves its purpose as a trainer.
The art style fits well with the theme of the series and the music, though not necessarily possible to listen to solo definitely fit well with the visuals.
I like the new character as she added some entertaining moments to the OVA like the, incorporation of a story in subtle ways as the way she acted at times made you want to know more about her.
In conclusion either this series is genius or I am just lonely but; give it a go you may be surprised to find a far more enjoyable experience waiting for you than you could have ever imagined.