Edit Anime Information

Jack to Mame no Ki (OVA)

Synonyms: Jack And The Beanstalk, Jack to Mame no Ki (1993)
Japanese: ジャックと豆の木

Studios: Studio 4°C
Source: Unknown
Duration: 13 min.
Rating: PG - Children

Score: 5.971 (scored by 425 users)
Members: 919

Apr 10, 2015
omoideboy (All reviews)
There's not much to say about this adaption of "Jack and the Beanstalk".

I don't think the originality of the story matters with this piece, rather the unique art style and the animation that make this little short movie a worthwhile adventure.

You'll only be able to find a bad VHS rip with hardcoded subtitles on the web, but nonetheless, I hope you guys enjoy it.
Nov 29, 2017
Sidewinder51 (All reviews)
Rate a 6
English Subtitles

Plot
A good children's story. Although while it is interesting to watch the moral of the story is iffy. I mean there are perceived morals but most of them are bad. The few that are good are faintly hinted at like take care of your family and/or know the value of items. Even than those two good principles were kind of hypocritical at least in portraying of the main character that was suppose to be teaching them.

I will explain... if you were a kid and you were given a task that was of high importance for it contained a huge impact on read more