Edit Anime Information

Ookiku Furikabutte: Natsu no Taikai-hen

English: Big Windup! 2
Synonyms: Oofuri, Big Windup! 2, Swing Big! 2, Ookiku Furikabutte 2, Ookiku Furikabutte The Summer Tournament Chapter
Japanese: おおきく振りかぶって 〜夏の大会編〜

Type: TV
Aired: Apr 2, 2010 to Jun 25, 2010
Premiered: Spring 2010
Broadcast: Unknown
Studios: A-1 Pictures
Source: Manga
Genres: Comedy, Seinen, Sports
Duration: 24 min. per ep.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Jun 24, 2010
8thSin (All reviews)
"Ookiku Furikabutte: Natsu no Taikai-hen" or "The Big Windup: Summer Tournament Chapter" is the sequel to "Ookiku Furikabutte". Continuing from the first series, Nishura High plays in the National High School Baseball Championship's prefectural qualifiers in hopes of reaching the Koushien.

As with the first series, this is only for baseball lovers since at least 80% of the screen time is either baseball game or people talking about baseball. If you can't sit through an entire baseball game, this is not a series for you. Watch "Cross Game" or "One Outs" instead.

STORY: 8/10
The previous series had introduction of characters and a demonstration of what a pitcher read more
Apr 19, 2011
shuirochan (All reviews)
Ookiku Furikabutte: Natsu no Taikai Hen is the sequel, or the second season, of Ookiku Furikabutte. Of course, you will have to watch the first season before even thinking of trying to watch the sequel. If you liked the first season, then you will definitely enjoy this as well. It's a perfect continuation with the same story and characters, and not much changed, except for a few things. For example, since the two seasons were shown three years apart, one of the notable improvements is the art.

Also, I disagree with other reviewers: you do not need to be a baseball fan to enjoy this read more
Apr 7, 2013
beanwantaburger (All reviews)
Ookiku Furikabutte. For some odd reason, the first season of this show was like a crack addiction. I couldn't stop watching it and searching for pictures. So, when I found out there was a second season, I was really stoked! If you haven't watched the first season, Ookiku Furikabutte, you really need to to understand this anime. This is my first review ever, so I hope you all take that into mind when you read this! I also agree that you do not need to be a baseball lover at all to watch this series. I was always bored to death at my brother's baseball read more
Feb 9, 2013
Cruzader93 (All reviews)
The 2nd season of Ookiku Furikabutte (The Big Windup!)
DO NOT WATCH THIS unless you've seen the 1st season.
Spoiler-ISH.

Pros
+ A much more comforting and fluid pace than it's preceding season.
+ A stable antagonist is introduced
+ Character growth for the most part.
+ Everyone who watches this should want to be Tajima, cause he's dope.

Cons
- (Insert Name) has never batted in a real game? JEEZUS!!
- Mihashi is still too much of an introvert.
- The series is shorter and it ends as the team becoming sophomores. Although a natural ending, it made me want more :P

Final note: I don't even like watching baseball, yet this series is so engaging read more