Edit Anime Information

Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Jan 7, 2009
Takai (All reviews)
-INTRODUCTION-

Heard the title mentioned in one of the clubs, liked what I saw on the cover, liked what I read in the description, checked it out. And what a wonderful thirty minutes it was; even the extremely slow streaming site could not ruin this for me.

-STORY- 10/10

First of all, the setting is extremely unique. I love the idea of a city where daylight doesn't exist; it adds a mysterious and somewhat gloomy feel to the overall atmosphere. Nearly everything is covered in darkness, and yet this little boy carries on with his job to deliver 'light' from one person's heart to another. The concept is read more
Oct 1, 2009
kluxorious (All reviews)
Letter Bee is one of the Autumn anime of 2009 that I look forward to. Knowing that the anime is an adaptation of the manga makes me want to watch it even more. I want to pick up the manga but since idle time is a luxury nowadays, it was a given that I couldn't afford to read another new manga. I just have to settle with just the anime for now.

This review however is for the special episode before the full season is released.

As the tittle suggested, Letter Bee is about delivering letter/mail/package. Letter Bee is equivalent to your modern day postmen. Bee is read more
Nov 23, 2008
Denizen (All reviews)
This small OVA sees the Tegami Bachi manga adapted into animated form, and the results are excellent.
The backgrounds and artwork are gorgeous, and very faithful to the manga's original style. The characters, though less detailed, are just as well depicted and yet again faithful to the author of the manga.
The voice acting, music, CGI and other special affects also get high marks.
Being only one episode so far, the story isn't remarkable, but the concept is creative and there's lots of potential there. The plot for this particular story was pulled off well and the conclusion was superb.

Given the treatment of this OVA, it read more
Aug 8, 2009
Yemi_Hikari (All reviews)
Story: 9

Not very many anime have made me cry, feeling sad, yet feel so overwhelmingly happy about the story. It reminds me of some of my favorite books, where one falls in love with the characters and can feel almost what they feel. While there is so much more I want to know, this gives a great set up for the full lenght Anime coming out.

Art: 8

The art work was crisp. The details were exceltent. I enjoyied the realism of the buildings, and the designs on some of the more ornate objects. Won't go into them as this might provide spoilers. The world is in read more
Jan 30, 2009
Descmbz (All reviews)
This is my first review, so it'll be a bit short.

I haven't read the manga so I saw the anime without knowing anything about it, and it turned out to be a really nice surprise.

The story is sad but beautiful and despite being a short anime, it doesn't feel rushed. The characters are very likeable and expressive.

But my praise has to go to the art and the music. It really lifts this beyond just an average/good anime. With backgrounds reminiscent of Van Gogh and the wonderful music, going from chants to classical, the whole thing has an XVIII/XIX century european feel to it.

Overall, read more
Feb 27, 2011
siutou (All reviews)
This is more like a pilot or one-shot episode (as it aired prior to the beginning of the first season), and was actually re-used or re-animated as episode 17 in the first season of the anime. The season one episode title was: "Tegami Bachi to Dingo" (テガミバチとディンゴ) . So if you've seen the first season already, you've pretty much seen this episode. I want to say that the only difference is that there are more flashbacks in this OVA to compensate it as a one-shot, and the art looks a little sketchier in spots.