Edit Anime Information

Duration: 2 hr. 12 min.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Boltz
Jan 14, 2016
At just over 2 hours long The Dagger of Kamui is a historical epic most people can enjoy, although it will feel a bit more rewarding to those that have experienced a decent amount of anime and manga beforehand and know a few things about the Japanese history and folklore.

The first thing of note is the outstanding soundtrack. It's a unique mixture of electro rock and funky synth tunes, merged with traditional instruments and spoken sound effects. If you've seen Miyazaki's highly acclaimed The Wind Rises, you'll remember the amazing train scene with spoken sound effects. Kamui uses a lot of that and it sounds read more
Shura-shurato
Jan 25, 2013
Seriousley! they DON´T make longlasting anime movie with effort anymore like this one, and wich is partially based on actual history its one of my oldskool fav. I dont care about the runtime of the movie because it started strong en ended very strong! Charac. animation is not too special, more a bit kiddy, an very good background story historical places and char. development really were put potential in there , and good mix of 80´s synth and 18th century japanese interpetation music. Beautiful anime sketches inbetween the movie is what i really miss of 21 century anime! just because u can see the drawing read more
nostalgic-hero
Feb 3, 2015
Kamui no Ken, which I saw for the first time in the abridged version entitled "Revenge of the Ninja Warrior" is a historical drama story about a half Ainu, half Japanese boy living in the turbulent period of the Tokugawa era, the Boshin War and early part of the Meiji era. That setting is the backdrop for the story, and it's one of mystery, intrique, betrayal and vengence.

He's framed for the murder of his mother and sister and forced to flee from his village and is taken in by a monk named Tenkai whom gives Jiro the task of training to become a ninja.

The art read more