Edit Anime Information

Studios: None found, add some
Source: Original
Duration: 1 hr. 31 min.
Rating: G - All Ages

Score: 6.751 (scored by 382 users)

Feb 29, 2016
Hex (All reviews)
Diving deep into the realm of Japanese obscurity, we have a Sanrio animated feature titled Fairy Florence. Sanrio is the company that makes Hello Kitty franchise works and merchandise. Sanrio is also famous for the films Unico and Chirin no Suzu. This fame is partially because, for children's movies, Unico and Chirin no Suzu are surprisingly thematically dense and deal with mature topics in an often somber and cynical manner. Can I say the same for Fairy Florence? Sadly I cannot.

Fairy Florence seems to be Japan's answer to Fantasia. While I don't particularly enjoy Fantasia nor Fantasia 2000, I fully grasp the purpose of these read more
May 18, 2010
Mr_Panda (All reviews)
~Mr. Panda's VCR of Doom: #6~

English-speaking members of MAL might recall this feature movie as "Journey Through Fairyland." The movie feature by Sanrio (the makers of Unico and Ringing Bell) was their last animated movie until just a few years ago. It tells the story of a faltering music student (Michael) who spends more time with the flowers in the greenhouse than with the orchestra. After being kicked-out, a fairy named Florence comes out of one of the flowers and takes him to visit fairyland. There he finds both love and his muse.

The story is a bit simplistic, and is utterly read more
Aug 10, 2015
SnotPockets (All reviews)
Yousei Florence or The Journey to Fairyland is an enchanting and colourful experience. It is, or I believe it to be, an abstract depiction of Michael's thought process at a cross road during his life.

Michael, the main protagonist, is a kind-hearted character who enjoys gardening but has passion for music too. This film feels like a slow discovery of his forgotten feelings for music and a compassionate departure from horticulture. The premise is interesting and is brought to life in a fantasy setting with the use of colour and music to give off a fairy tale vibe.

I particularly liked that mostly everything was referring read more