Edit Anime Information

Producers: Konami
Licensors: ADV Films
Studios: J.C.Staff
Source: Original
Duration: 25 min. per ep.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Nov 7, 2008
Imperturbable (All reviews)
Gokujou Seitokai is a lovely, rather under-appreciated series. Certainly if it were defined by its genre (a school comedy), it would not stand out from the million other school comedies, all with more cute, young characters filled to the brim with moeness (and who induce purely visceral "kyaaa!", squeals, or nosebleed reactions).

Gokujou Seitokai follows the formulaic school comedy idea fairly closely, and boasts a rather, if you will, cliché student council centric cast. But this is also where this series shines. I left something out when I said this series fell into the school comedy genre because technically speaking, this is a read more
Aug 7, 2009
kanauru (All reviews)
First Words :
- Initially I dropped this series some years ago ( don't remember why ) and decided to pick it back up.
- I find that this Anime is underrated and probably overlooked quite a bit.
- It may seem generic, initially the puppet was what caught my attention. But the more I watched the more I found this series to be unique.
- There doesn't seem to be a plot at the beginning but as the series goes on hints are thrown and it's slowly revealed.
- While it seems completely like a comedy there is a nice amount of drama in it

What It's About :
- Mainly read more
Feb 15, 2015
9Morello (All reviews)
I find it rather curious that this isn't more popular. The following three paragraphs will talk about my experience before watching this anime, so you can skip that if you want.

I discovered it reading a post by an anime veteran (1200+ watched) in a gaming forum. There was some discussion going on about the current state of anime and he used Gokujou Seitokai as an example of an school comedy without any trace of fan service. I thought I should give it a try and tried to download it.

I said I tried to download it because I didn't know this was so rare when I read more
Dec 25, 2008
EveningRain (All reviews)
This is my first review for an anime. However, my overwhelming enjoyment for this series compelled me to write a review. I feel like it is one of the most underrated animes. The inclusion of a puppet, Punchan, was a bit strange, but as I watched on I understood why he had to be one of the central characters to the story. The puppet is in fact alive and speaks and acts on his own accord when handled with a pair of hands.

This is one of the few animes I've seen that constantly kept me laughing. Gokujou Seitokai is a surprisingly charming feel-good anime. The read more
Apr 24, 2018
Rasly2 (All reviews)
It's a drama and pretends to be a comedy.
So it is hard to rate it right becuse i expected a comedy and i dont like dramas.
Basically a girl goes to a new school, she meet some girl stereotypes and then there is an overused plot line on episode 25. There are about 3 good jokes.

Everyone akt like it is a comedy but story is very dramatic and depresing.
There is also that puppet that is rather annoying then funny specialy considering its depresing story.

Don't know what else to say because this is a very gereric anime.
Drawing is okey, characters are okey, story is boring.
Mar 1, 2013
Nasadoza (All reviews)
I loved this anime, when i watched it, i really enjoyed myself, such hilarious comedy, Poncho(the puppet-thing) had an interesting voice and a really funny character, he played the best of pranks and made some really funny insults throughout the show. I loved the art, and the characters most definitely, I enjoyed it all the way through, and i give it a score of 10, becuse it supplied what a great anime demanded.
Jan 4, 2009
belldandy2009 (All reviews)
I know some might say unless you watch it all, how can you write a review, but I have watched a few anime series now, and like I have said before in other reviews which might not seem helpful is that you know whether you lie something or not by the first or second episode.

I actually downloaded but i wish I never bother really, even from the kick off so to speak it seems boring and aimed at the under 12's who like puppets, but I think it is out of date.

The girl with the puppet gets it violently knocked out of hand on occasion read more