Night Head 2041

Type: TV
Status: Currently Airing
Aired: Jul 15, 2021 to Sep 30, 2021
Premiered: Summer 2021
Broadcast: Thursdays at 00:55 (JST)
Licensors: None found, add some
Studios: Shirogumi
Source: Other
Genres: DramaDrama, MysteryMystery, Sci-FiSci-Fi, SupernaturalSupernatural
Theme: PsychologicalPsychological
Duration: 22 min. per ep.
Rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity)

1 indicates a weighted score.

External Links

Jul 28, 2021
nameunlisted02 (All reviews)
Now look i get it. CGI in anime is more like a double edged sword. On one hand you can create a really good looking fight scene, or make a scene pop out and make it breathtaking. On the other if you entirely use CGI in a 12 or 24 episodic series you can end up with varied results. Night Head 2041 is one of those series that does end up using CGI in a well used and ok'ish way.

Action and fight scenes are well played and bring out a lot of visualization to what's going on, characters are really well made and actually make read more
Aug 17, 2021
Raindownchips (All reviews)
I write this review for people like myself, who rarely write reviews, and use it as a way to determine if something is worth their time.

There is no reason for this to be an average of 6.5. The story, art, music, is all above a 7.

The dystopian theme is well done so far 5 episodes in. Do give this a watch. It will be an enjoyable one if you like the theme.

We have the characters both semi-interesting. They mention the world wars, and anticipate the story to move in a direction where freedoms must be fought for.

I liked it so far.

Jul 29, 2021
RobynGatomon (All reviews)
I understand that a lot of people are going to be avoiding this anime due to the CGI animation, and I thought that as well until I saw one person say that they liked what they watched a lot more than they expected to. I decided to give it a shot and I too was pleasantly surprised.

It's still early on in the series but so far I am definitely hooked. The CGI can be a little jarring if you're not used to it, but if you can get over that and concentrate on the story and characters you might just be in for a great read more
Zonx98 (All reviews)
This is a Cyber-punk anime like Akudama Drive, Night Head 2041 i loved it!
A non distant future in an empirical society perhaps controlled by a "greater something" that denies that existence and that cannot be proven.
It has an CGI animation but is really exquisite and well used, I hope to continue watching this anime all this season.
The characters are undoubtedly beautiful as well, they may be the husbands of the season for me.
The music is well implemented at the right time and the SFX are perfect.
Let's see how the story evolves, will it be a 2 vs 2?
The law against what is not legal, but read more
Aug 6, 2021
Harizon (All reviews)
Note: This review was written after the fourth episode was released.
Graphic-wise, from what I've seen, most of the dislikes it receives largely comes from the fact that this anime uses a lot of CGI, which is something that's not inherently bad if done correctly. Such example of this are the Beastars and Ajin series, which is also something that this anime manages to pull off, if not better.
Not to mention, most of the scene transitions from CGI to 2D are actually really smooth and subtle. Almost imperceptible if you're watching this to enjoy it, instead of looking for every single crevice to critique. Whether read more
ApocalypSnow (All reviews)
Much Gen:Lock vibes were had with this anime. At first glance, it looks like a mecha show, but instead we get psychics, a totalitarian government, and a dystopian setting that's not too far off from where modern society is currently heading.

Story: One pair of brothers is part of the Special Weapons Enforcement, a hypocritical government task force employed to arrest people who engage in thought crime—drawing, reading, writing, believing in, promoting, or even supporting anything that isn't based on science. Also to arrest psychics, but who's seen those? Except for the fact that SWE employs psychics to hunt other psychics. And another pair of brothers read more
RroyalFlush (All reviews)
An anime that uses CGI and still being enjoyable and not a living nightmare to look at. While I was hesitant to watch the anime due to it using CGI, but I quickly changed my mind after the first episode and caught me by surprise. The CGI is used properly and mixes well with the action! Sometimes the CGI can be jarring but the majority of the time It's good.

The sound, SFX and music are not out of place and mixes well with what's happening and keeps on giving me goosebumps. Very pleasant!

Some of the characters are interesting, and the other ones feel kinda read more
Aug 15, 2021
pyubae (All reviews)
What do you get when you combine Akira, 1984, and poorly hidden fujobait, and then make a random homeless guy the director?

Apparently, you get Night Head 2041.

Let's start with the "good":

The CGI is not half bad, and the fight scenes are fine. The character designs are for the most part relatively tame, except for Hikasa Youko's character, who actually looks excellent, and the one guy who looks like he came from the same hood as the director probably did. The OP and ED are both solid, and the soundtrack isn't bad either.

And now, onto the bad:

Everything else.

Before I get into the plot, I just want read more
Sep 8, 2021
Nora_hikari (All reviews)
"People resist change. they can not understand things they are not used to"

This applies to the anime story line and to anime fans who pre-judge any anime that uses CGI without even giving it a chance"

To be honest I am really glad I came across this anime. I remember hearing same thoughts about "Ajin" as well because it used CGI and the anime was a huge success.

Back to Night head 2041. I loved the high quality of the sound, fight scenes and voice actors. I am still confused about the plot not because it is not good. On the contrary, it is really engaging and read more
Sep 22, 2021
x3nosyne (All reviews)
Alright, I don't really come on MAL to write anything but I feel like I really need to write this out.
For those that are new to the Night Head series, Night Head 2041 is a remake of a remake, which there is a 2006 anime adaptation called Night Head Genesis and the original 1992 Japanese drama Night Head.

The CGI, in my opinion it still needs more smooth fps ​rendering for close up shots. The usage of backgrounds and shaders are alright too.
Music doesn't sound out of place and goes with the flow. Wished that it would have more iconic beats on some fight scenes.
Characters read more