Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Reflection

Synonyms: Sword Art Online: Alicization Recap, Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 0
Japanese: ソードアート・オンライン アリシゼーション War of Underworld 前半戦総集編特番「リフレクション」

Source: Light novel
Genres: ActionAction, AdventureAdventure, FantasyFantasy, RomanceRomance
Theme: GameGame
Duration: 24 min.
Rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity)

1 indicates a weighted score.

External Links

Electrocute4u (All reviews)
I sincerely hope people won't blindly vote negatively on this next chapter of SAO III just because of its title and the fact its "SAO".

Everything that has happened in Part 1 of the story so far, has led up to an interesting point.

This recap was made in a way that even if you weren't really into part 1, you definitely got a good overview of the most important key scenes and see a summarized version leading up to the next chapter of the story.

I do sincerely hope they don't milk content as they did for a few episodes in Part 1, where they basically were read more
Oct 7, 2019
NiQ1 (All reviews)
Not too much to say... basically recap of the previous season. It's only useful if you've watched the first part of Alicization when it first aired and need a refresher before the second season begins.
If you haven't watched the first part then this is no replacement, you need to watch the first part to know what's going on. If you've just finished watching the first part and it's still fresh then you don't need to bother with this, it's just a recap and is not intended to further the plot. Just skip it and move on to War of Underworld.
Inorichi (All reviews)
Retelling 24 episodes in a timeframe shorter than episode 1. If that sounds like an impossible feat, you're absolutely right. There's nothing new, enhanced, or special about this recap and it doesn't substitute for watching this first 2 cours. I can't help but wonder why reviewers are putting up scores of 8, 9, or even 10s on a recap episode.

[5] Story - they cut 2 cours into a 24 minute episode, it's not going to substitute for watching the anime, it's not that entertaining imo as to rewatching the entire first 2 cours, and it doesn't add anything new.

[6] Art - no major improvements here, read more
Caspias (All reviews)
The Special was enjoyable, I don't see how it'll add to the main story line as its a special. Nonetheless I enjoyed it. The animation never ceases to amaze me as they upped the animation style for SAO for Ordinal Scale and Alicization. The voice acting was on par and you could feel the emotions with the words they spoke. Therefore I give this a overall 9/10 because I enjoyed all the Sword Art Online Seasons and Episodes / Movies thus far. I know I will continue to enjoy them as time goes on. The new season is upon us and I can't wait to read more
Apr 2, 2021
KejoraSR (All reviews)
SAO has been blasphemed for years by netizens. Yet my friends a pure watcher regardless of what's the SNS said, he still enjoy and recommend it to me. Their fans suggest to at least try the Alicization arc because it's a fresh start with a better writing & not much related with prev arc. I guess, I should give it a try.
(this is general review of SAO Alicization & War of Underworld, because they all a one package story)

So the story is about MC brain damaged by accident (how come a 1 meter umbrella lose by a 1 cm injector? & he called himself the read more
Oct 28, 2019
Rascaz (All reviews)
This episode is just a recap of the last season. Its not that bad and well... some interesting reminders of last season for me.

STORY: As i told a recap of last season. So no direct story but still nice to see back again what if forgot. Still the new story of this serie, you will hate it or love it.

ART: Is more mature then Sword art online season 1 & 2. The art style is great in my opinion.

SOUND: Mhua....next.

CHARACTERS: Well if you have seen the last season of SOA then you will see some new members. Like Alice and Eugeo, cant tell to much read more
Jul 2, 2020
Eoussama (All reviews)
Alicization was good. No, Alicization was a blast.
For a season that has given us a full-blown, well put together recap around episode 18, it seems that chronologically at least; 5 to 6 episodes later it will present yet another recap. A bit overkill, but watching it on the release date makes more sense.

In terms of a recap, 18.5 was definitely more well-motivated and properly placed on a narrative note, while this one is more of a hype-up moment for War of Underworld.

The recap is split into two parts, the first one focuses on Asuna and her outside perspective on the whole dilemma, while the second read more