Edit Anime Information

Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Reflection

Synonyms: Sword Art Online: Alicization Recap, Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 0
Japanese: ソードアート・オンライン アリシゼーション War of Underworld 前半戦総集編特番「リフレクション」

Type: Special
Aired: Oct 6, 2019
Producers: Aniplex
Licensors: None found, add some
Studios: A-1 Pictures
Source: Light novel
Duration: 24 min.
Rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity)

Electrocute4u (All reviews)
I sincerely hope people won't blindly vote negatively on this next chapter of SAO III just because of its title and the fact its "SAO".

Everything that has happened in Part 1 of the story so far, has led up to an interesting point.

This recap was made in a way that even if you weren't really into part 1, you definitely got a good overview of the most important key scenes and see a summarized version leading up to the next chapter of the story.

I do sincerely hope they don't milk content as they did for a few episodes in Part 1, where they basically were read more
Oct 7, 2019
NiQ1 (All reviews)
Not too much to say... basically recap of the previous season. It's only useful if you've watched the first part of Alicization when it first aired and need a refresher before the second season begins.
If you haven't watched the first part then this is no replacement, you need to watch the first part to know what's going on. If you've just finished watching the first part and it's still fresh then you don't need to bother with this, it's just a recap and is not intended to further the plot. Just skip it and move on to War of Underworld.
Caspias (All reviews)
The Special was enjoyable, I don't see how it'll add to the main story line as its a special. Nonetheless I enjoyed it. The animation never ceases to amaze me as they upped the animation style for SAO for Ordinal Scale and Alicization. The voice acting was on par and you could feel the emotions with the words they spoke. Therefore I give this a overall 9/10 because I enjoyed all the Sword Art Online Seasons and Episodes / Movies thus far. I know I will continue to enjoy them as time goes on. The new season is upon us and I can't wait to read more
Inorichi (All reviews)
I like SAO, I really do. But if every review on a recap episode that does not bring anything to the table is an 8 or a 9, there's some clear misinformation going on.

[6] Story - they cut 2 cours into a 24 minute episode, it's not going to substitute for watching the anime, it's not that entertaining imo as to rewatching the entire first 2 cours, and it doesn't add anything new.

[6] Art - no major improvements here, which I'm a bit upset about. I'd like to see some Ordinal Scale quality art for a recap airing on SAO's 10th anniversary year.

[9] Sound - read more
Oct 28, 2019
Rascaz (All reviews)
This episode is just a recap of the last season. Its not that bad and well... some interesting reminders of last season for me.

STORY: As i told a recap of last season. So no direct story but still nice to see back again what if forgot. Still the new story of this serie, you will hate it or love it.

ART: Is more mature then Sword art online season 1 & 2. The art style is great in my opinion.

SOUND: Mhua....next.

CHARACTERS: Well if you have seen the last season of SOA then you will see some new members. Like Alice and Eugeo, cant tell to much read more