Pokemon Movie 11: Giratina to Sora no Hanataba Sheimi

Pokémon: Giratina and the Sky Warrior

Synonyms: Gekijouban Pocket Monsters Diamond and Pearl: Giratina and the Sky's Bouquet: Shaymin, Pokemon Diamond & Pearl: Giratina to Sora no Hanataba Sheimi
Japanese: ポケットモンスター ダイヤモンド&パール ギラティナと氷空の花束 シェイミ

Genres: ActionAction, AdventureAdventure, FantasyFantasy
Demographic: KidsKids
Duration: 1 hr. 36 min.
Rating: PG - Children

1 indicates a weighted score.

Available At

• Creative
Preliminary Spoiler
May 19, 2009
Mixed Feelings
As a childhood pokemon fan I was actually excited for this movie, especially when I heard it was going to deal with platium but also be a sequeal to the rise of Darkrai. Well it actually wasn't that good and only mentioned it'd prequal once or twice. Sure the animation and characters were all good, but the story bored me even though it was creative. It had a sort of "Protect the earth" kind of vibe to it and even though I'm a green person I'm getting pretty sick of the message here. Now you might all hate me for saying this, but everyone ...
Apr 12, 2015
Mixed Feelings
One thing this film does really well is making us want to travel with Ash and Shaymin to the flower fields. Too bad the film doesn't let us.

I've got two main gripes with this one. The far bigger one is Zero himself. The villain in this feature is an overly designed, white haired, badly tempered wunderkind. Impossible magical technology and fantastical flying CGI fortress included. Hastily screwed backstory and inane dialogue, too.

Gripe number two is the lack of a character arc for Shaymin. The film essentially starts as a completely different beast than it ends up being. We're treated to a vulnerable pokemon crossing paths ...
Apr 1, 2011
Mixed Feelings
Reverse World is by far one of the most fascinating things about the whole Pokémon world; the design, the rules, its Ying and Yang position with the real world... truly awesome.

Giratina, one of the new legendary Pokémon who appear in this film, wasn't bad either, and getting a glimpse of Dialga, one of my favorites, didn't make the experience any worse (although there was a bit of a plot hole there in the end).

Shaymin, however, was one of the most annoying characters by far in the history of Pokémon. Perhaps intentionally so, who knows... Sure, there was comedy there, especially between Shaymin and Ash, but ...