Bananya: Fushigi na Nakama-tachi

Japanese: ばなにゃ ふしぎななかまたち

Type: TV
Aired: Oct 1, 2019 to Dec 24, 2019
Premiered: Fall 2019
Broadcast: Tuesdays at 07:30 (JST)
Producers: None found, add some
Licensors: Discotek Media
Source: Original
Genres: Slice of LifeSlice of Life, ComedyComedy, KidsKids
Duration: 2 min. per ep.
Rating: G - All Ages

1 indicates a weighted score.
Jan 5, 2020
Robinne (All reviews)
Whereas the first season of bananya was, although very refreshing, only a ccdct (cute cats doing cute things) its sequel, Bananya and the Curious Bunch, turns out much more ambitious than anyone could've expected it to be.

The first important thing to notice is that this time the story doesn't happen on Earth but on the bananyas original planet, the small moon !
As if it didn't think it was mind blowing enough, the very first scene of the first episode depicts the birth of the first bananya from the bananya tree, as if to challenge creationnism and the different religious practices exerced around the world.

The read more
Dec 2, 2019
UkePaChan (All reviews)
The second season of Bananya! Who wouldn't be hyped for this!
After ranking the first season a masterpiece I was really excited for this one.

Instead of in the human world/interacting with every day objects/life situations and sometimes even with humans themselves this season plays on the fictional Bananya planet. (possibly the origin story?)
Every now and then meowteors (nyagareboshis) will fall onto the planet and bestow the inhabitants with unusual items to interact with (usually items from the human world). As the first season, most episodes introduce a new bananya character (like the zombie bananyas, emo-bananya or my personal favorite the elder bananya).

This season continues to read more
Jul 23, 2020
Candy150 (All reviews)
I don't usually write reviews, but this season left me with a lot of questions about the lore of the Bananya extended universe. (This contains spoilers)

The show's first season explores Bananya's depression and the need to understand his own puzzling existence. In this season we get to see more of this existentialism and delve into the puzzling world that is Bananya's home planet. However, I'm here to talk about some of the questions this season left me with.

In episode 10, Bananya and Droopy-eared bananya find a globe. This is an exact replica of the "big round thing in the sky", which is earth. However, read more
Dec 28, 2019
LeoneMirajane (All reviews)
Bananyaaaa~

Story:
It was a new story. I never saw something like this in any Anime bevor and I like unique ideas. Don't expect a complex story. I was the most time like "What the heck?", but in a good way.

Art:
It was nice, but nothing special.

Sound:
The same as at Art.

Character:
They where funny and some where really cute but they didn't have a complex personality.

Enjoyment:
It was a nice Anime for in-between, but not much more.

I have to say, I watched this season without seeing the first one. I only started watching it like this because I was curious because of the front image of the Anime. As I read more