Edit Anime Information

Episodes: Unknown
Status: Currently Airing
Aired: Oct 10, 2019 to ?
Premiered: Fall 2019
Broadcast: Thursdays at 00:55 (JST)
Licensors: None found, add some
Studios: Orange
Source: Manga
Duration: 22 min.
Rating: None

YeeYeeAss (All reviews)
I really did not have any opinions when I heard of this show. I just thought "ah yes a furry anime" then I heard the story was good so I began watching. After episode 2 I started the manga. This show is so fucking good. The characters are great and the story is oddly dark.
There are many anime with animal characters like aggretsuko. But none of those anime inspect the food portion of the world. What do they eat? In this universe Carnivores and Herbivores live in peace. Only problem is that carnivores crave meat but they need to eat the same food as read more
Actually_Pit (All reviews)
I was scared about this to become an Anime. But let me explain better.
(No major spoilers review).

"Beastars", together whit "The Promised Neverland, is one of the best "New Entry" manga published in the last 2 years. Both of them won important cultural prizes in Japan (for example the "Osamu Tezuka Cultural Prize"). Both of them are Shonen whit various seinen aspects, too.
But Beastars received an Anime adaption almost a year later than The Promised Neverland. Why?
First of all, Beastars have various elements that aren't "perfect" for a shonen anime that airs on a big platform such as Netflix: sex, blood scene, read more
Leosmileyface (All reviews)
MINIMAL SPOILERS.

I'm going to start this with, if you think this is just a wish-fulfillment furry anime, please either watch this and guide yourself to a new opinion or get out, it's not.

Studio Orange, most well known for the fantastic 'Houseki no Kuni', has come back to give us their blessing yet again, adapting a very well-received manga and adapting it wonderfully.

Beastars is put simply, many different species of anthropomorphic animals coexisting with each other, set in a high-school where you are instantly greeted with the society inside of Beastars, the hardships of reality you could say. The narrative is built into many different categories, read more
Wincest_jojo (All reviews)
so I was just scrolling through youtube when I came across the op of this anime and my god did I love it!
I then thought of checking out the anime and honestly didn't know what to expect but then right after the first episode.... what can I say?
IT WAS BEAUTIFUL
The CG was well done and animation overall is very good. It's not often that I get invested in a story right off the bat but this one is an exception.
Even though I have only watched 4 eps so far I can say its been a pleasure.
seriously, if you aren't watching it already..JUST GO WATCH IT!
I read more
RyuiZaya (All reviews)
All of this begins with ‘What if carnivore and herbivore live together?’.
So yeah it’s one of the unique anime in this season I think.

If you think something like ‘Wow all characters are animal, this probable be a kid anime’ then your are wrong!! Don’t judge a book by its cover they say.

I gonna write a review from anime-only’s view (I haven’t read manga yet).
#Story: 9/10
So intense, gave me stress feeling. So that means this show can make make you enjoy with it!
They mainly focuses on male wolf (MC) and what he’s thinking, but didn’t show the all the reason why he’s thinking like that (you read more
Nov 10, 2019
Chummster (All reviews)
5 episodes in and I am completely sold on this show’s setting. The school’s system is so intricately detailed and well designed. Stuff like meal schedules that use soy meat products to cater to carnivores and regularly assigned “environmental time” so students can be around their own species are nice touches that immerse me even deeper and makes me appreciate the world so much more.

Speaking of immersion, the visuals are fucking phenomenal. This anime is an example of CGI done beautifully well. The free range of motions that come with 3d character models gives way to the usage of subtle body language that sells read more
Nov 6, 2019
azureamaryllis (All reviews)
Listen if you told me Zootopia: The Anime was going to be THIS good I would've laughed in your face last year. But here we are, with the most gorgeous piece of CGI anime with a hecking STOP MOTION OP? Who would've thought.

Anyways, Beastars is actually a super well rounded anime. It's got quite the nuanced plot (I picked up the manga because the anime got me so hooked), well-developed characters, good pacing, excellent animation, gray morals, but/and is also fun. Can't ask for much more in an anime.

Watching it it worth the potential of becoming a furry. It's just that good.
FireRifle64 (All reviews)
Beastars is one of the anime for this the fall season of 2019 that I was not expecting to be good. When I first read the description of Beastars, I was a bit iffy on watching it. It made me think "Oh, Zootopia the anime" I contemplated on watching it and was nearly not going to watch it until my friend urged me to. I was not disappointed by what I experienced.
Story:8/10
As I had mentioned, the story revolves around the wolf Legoshi living in a world inhabited by herbivores and carnivores. Sounds very familiar to a certain animated movie *cough* zootopia *cough*. But unlike zootopia, read more
Nov 6, 2019
Fate25 (All reviews)
*Disclaimer: This is simply a preview as the series is not over yet, I am only 4 episodes in at the time of writing.

Beastars the anime came from the japanese manga series by Paru Itagaki. If you do a simple Wiki search on it and look at the reception portion, in 2018 the manga won 4 awards in 3 consecutive months from March to May. Based on credentials alone you will see why there is much anticipation and hype regarding this anime series.

Visually, so far this anime is beautiful. For context, the anime was made by studio Orange. "Ora- what?" You might ask. Correct, anime read more