Edit Anime Information

Japanese: カペタ

Type: TV
Aired: Oct 4, 2005 to Sep 26, 2006
Premiered: Fall 2005
Broadcast: Tuesdays at 18:00 (JST)
Licensors: None found, add some
Studios: Studio Comet
Source: Manga
Genres: Cars, Shounen, Sports
Duration: 23 min. per ep.
Rating: PG - Children

May 26, 2008
lowell (All reviews)
Capeta is a blue-collar, work your hands to the bone sort of sports anime about racing (mostly go karts). Personally, I'm not big on racing in real life, but I found it really fun and exciting here.

Story:
It's not an unfamiliar story: a humble working class kid (Capeta) with a natural aptitude for a sport struggles to climb to the top. Toss in the additional weight of a bunch of financial difficulties with his never-die attitude and you've basically got Rocky (or Hajime no Ippo) in a go kart. It starts with Capeta in elementary school and follows him through his mid-teens. read more
Jan 19, 2008
coldfire23 (All reviews)
Story: basically the story is about a boy that has a dream reaching for his goals and encounter obstacles along the way. What I like about this anime is there is no really "bad guys" even the rival of Capeta. By the way Capeta is the protagonist in the anime. Throughout the anime it shows how Capeta overcome all the obstacle inside and outside of the race track with the help of his friends. And how he surpasses his limitations.

Art: nothing to say much. I like how they show Capeta grow from a gradeschooler to adulthood.

Sound: great sound effects I can almost here the sound read more
May 15, 2015
DennaOrDianne (All reviews)
For a while now, I have been pondering how to best approach this review. See, I knew the minute I finished this anime that I would have to write one, even if for no other reason than to get it out of my system (so that I might somehow once again join the land of the living, and maybe even study for my impending finals).
But how do I go about convincing all of you nice folks that this is just about the best anime ever? My main problem lies in the fact that no matter what I write, this review will be subjective. The more read more
Feb 7, 2017
Taurus-Silver (All reviews)
Well I Rarely write reviews But after finishing capeta in 3 days,I decided to write one.
I am a sucker for adreanline and sports anime and capeta is one of the best sports anime i ahve ever seen.
The Races were very well done.The characters are on to the point.The ost cant be any better.The story was well planned.
I loved that i never skipped the oenings.Well capeta might be fictional character but seeing him grow up and reach his dreams and accomplish his goals step by step,motivated me a lot.This anime has no antoganists,not even the rivals.
Overall this is an Awesome adrenaline ride.
Mar 9, 2008
kahhwee (All reviews)
Completed this series in 2 days and I feel it's necessary to write a review. First of all, do not expect anything from the art work because honestly I think it's pretty badly drawn. Or rather, this type of drawing usually don't appeal to audience. I had some problems appreciating the protagonist initially simply because I don't like his face. Moreover, he doesn't own the special quality a talented sportsman should have - arrogance and confidence. Nevertheless, as you'll see in the course of his development, he turned out to be a rather remarkable boy, creating miracles every now and then. That's when the enjoyment read more
Nov 9, 2019
OtakuWatcher (All reviews)
10/10 I have watched all 52 episodes at least 5 times, this show is the best, no cliche's no harems, no girl shit, just full on action and drama. This is by far the best anime compared to a lot of shows nowadays that are ruined by fan service and annoying girly voices.

The story is one of a kind, never found anywhere else and can be called a masterpiece. The art is also a masterpiece, in its era and even nowadays i find that art to be by far better then nowadays anime art.

Sound is extraordinary very nicely composed to go with the action read more
Aug 18, 2008
FearedKnight (All reviews)
The Series starts off when He was a Kid.
Capeta has always been left alone at home,while his dad works.
Capeta grew up liking Cars/Race Cars,He always adored them,and sometime
space out,due to his imaginations. One day,Capeta's father found a spare
parts for a Go-Cart/Cart,and he asked the Manager of a Cart Track Manager,if
he can have the parts.That's when his dad started cleaning up the parts
and fixing it. Capea one day found out about the Cart,he went up in the Hill,
with his Two friends. But the cart did not have an Engine,so his father told him
that he had to wait.
Once they got an Engine,they went to a Cart read more
Dec 23, 2016
animeBee1ver (All reviews)
ost!

neck breaking speed, at every turn, cross, and lead. Hair, clothes ripples as every cart/race car tumbles, and engine rumbles.

After a while, you learn the exhilarating familiar hum at the start of the race, then with the call for 3... 2... 1... woooo!

The start of a race, and not just any race, with the power of story telling, we are immersed on every feelings, emotions, condition, and reactions as this opponent over takes the mc, or when an intentional bump, or an accident, connects.

In summary, a kid that always dreamed in the path of a race track. Lacking from any resources, money, time, read more