Edit Anime Information

Japanese: クリスタル ブレイズ

Type: TV
Aired: Apr 9, 2008 to Jun 25, 2008
Premiered: Spring 2008
Broadcast: Wednesdays at 01:15 (JST)
Licensors: Maiden Japan
Studios: None found, add some
Source: Original
Genres: Action, Sci-Fi
Duration: 24 min. per ep.
Rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity)

May 21, 2011
bbonthec (All reviews)
It's the atmosphere that really makes this show a gem. The artists and writers really made the setting pop -- it really feels like a gritty, sexy, noir, near-future world. The story is just OK, but the characters are varied and interesting, and combined with such an incredibly realized setting, it is a great show to immerse yourself in for 4 hours.

This anime has flaws, no doubt about it. However, the flaws are easily overlooked, and do not detract from being able to thoroughly enjoy this show. A highly recommended miniseries.
Jul 4, 2010
711 (All reviews)
…you are walking down through the foggy wet night of an old badly lit neighborhood when you suddenly spot a humming neon sign on top of a brick thorn wall with a small wooden door by it. Walking steadily towards it the echoed water splashing sound caused by your steps against the water on the pavement, give place to a still stuffy mellow deep bass from inside the place. As soon as you open the door your eyes instantly loose themselves on the tick mist of smoke against the small green lamps on each table, which provides the only light to the small cramped read more
Sep 26, 2008
ten6cha (All reviews)
This was a pretty good anime overall. The plot is interesting, and the story doesn't drag on like some other anime's. They could have made the plot a little bit more complex, but they didn't.
The characters are alright, but they don't really go into detail on their lives, like some other series out there that only focus on characterization and no plot. But it is an "action" anime so that is understandable. There's a couple "extra" characters in it that are really useless but the series isn't long enough for them to get on your nerves. I personally liked the nurse and doctor the read more
Dec 15, 2010
shreeveera (All reviews)
1)Intro/Synopsis
Rags Town is the garbage dump of Japan. The place where people who want to forget their pasts run to. In this town, where the rules strictly forbid asking about the past or getting to know people, there is small detective agency called S&A Detectives.
The story revolves around Ayamana, the inseparable pair of misfit wannabe detectives, the case Manami takes on impulse, and the trouble that arises from it. On the case they find a woman who is abnormally hot, and who is being chased by a bunch of women with guns. After being dubbed Sara, the detectives try and figure out just what read more
Oct 6, 2015
Garpachi (All reviews)
What can one expect out of a pure action/sci-fi, such as we have here in Cystal Blaze? Good fights, interesting technologies, and the same things we've come to expect out of basically any anime: good characters, plot, and in some cases, a great soundtrack. With these as our guidelines, how effective is Crystal Blaze at presenting its story and themes? Well, like attempting to use Earthquake on a Flying-type Pokemon, its not effective at all, except under very specific circumstances.

Let's start off with the basics in what Crystal Blaze does well. Its not all that much, but if you're looking for something with read more
Feb 18, 2016
Duckielover151 (All reviews)
This was one of very few shows that I actually think would have been executed better as a movie. I just didn't feel like it needed to be stretched out across 12 episodes.

Where to start... Well, I like to begin with what a show did well, and unfortunately there's not much to say here. I thought the plot was interesting enough. Pretty typical for a human-experimentation centered sci-fi, but interesting nonetheless. When it comes to the story and any attempted plot twists, it wasn't that Cystal Blaze was boring, just very predictable.

Okay, let's just say it. This show's biggest flaws: the characters were read more
Jun 18, 2016
ElSensei (All reviews)
This a great example of noir in anime. If you like film noir, or even more modern noir inspired movies like L.A. Confidential, then Crystal Blaze is definitely worth your time to check out. It was enjoyable, but I also found it almost lost my interest at several points in the series.

I enjoyed the story, but I think that it since it really only focused on one main overarching plot it burned a little to slow at times which may cause some to give up on this one and drop the show.

The art was nothing special, but did incorporate some of the defining noir read more