Edit Anime Information

Type: TV
Status: Currently Airing
Aired: Oct 3, 2019 to Dec 19, 2019
Premiered: Fall 2019
Broadcast: Thursdays at 01:15 (JST)
Producers: None found, add some
Licensors: None found, add some
Studios: LIDENFILMS
Source: Manga
Duration: 23 min. per ep.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Oct 24, 2019
Superns18 (All reviews)
Underrated Gem of the season. Wholesome, the anime.

Houkago Saikoro Dice club is not an anime that will blow you away in terms of quality, plot, direction, etc. However, what it excels at is being a very relaxing and enjoyable time, which is why it earns a 10 from me. I base my ratings on my overall enjoyment of a series, I don't care about super complex things that you may see in other reviews. Now that that's out the way, let's get into explaining the series.

Dice club starts off with Aya having recently moved to Kyoto and looking for new friends, she ends up encountering read more
Oct 31, 2019
Ellenwitch (All reviews)
Surprised this isn't higher than it is. While sure it's not an 8, a 9, or a 10. But it's certainly a 7 in my books. A simple concept of board games can be real interesting.

Again, it could be just tastes. But this is a lot better than the rating it is given. The characters are rather cute with how their portrayed and look. With relatable characteristics you see in every day life honestly, that aren't annoying in any stretch that could ruin the experience. As it doesn't here. From shy and timid, to one that is energetic and so on. Great characters overall.

It read more
Nov 2, 2019
Yuri-Crusader (All reviews)
Welcome to my review of Houkago Saikoro Club! This review contains minor spoilers!!

Miki are a very shy and insecure girl who rather keep to herself! Sadly she got bullied in her early years. And later in high school she rejected invitations on social activities with her classmates. And because of her odd behaviour, and that she try to close herself in!! Avoiding places where people are gathering and are unwilling to take part of the world outside, I think she may suffer from a mild form of autism!!

Aya on the other-hand are a very enthusiastic social and positive young lady! She have recently moved read more
Dec 2, 2019
YayaBunWa (All reviews)
I’m kind of disappointed by both the current reviews (except the first one - “wholesome” this show is, indeed) and the LACK of ‘current’ reviews. Thing is: ‘topping off’ at the 4th episode, why isn’t this show garnering more attention and reviews further than that? I’m very confused by this, and you can bet I’ll darn-well explain why:

So, firstly, I don’t expect my review to change between this point in the season and ‘by the end of the season’. It has been extremely consistent and, frankly, I’d almost bet my life that it’ll continue to uphold its standards of storytelling, animation, (mediocre) sound design, whatever read more
Dec 3, 2019
RadicalEntity (All reviews)
First and foremost, this is a typical "cute girls doing cute things" slice of life anime. While it's not an absolute CGDCT series due to a few male supporting characters in the cast, the vast majority of the series revolves around three and later on, four cute schoolgirl characters.

In my opinion, the main character's moe factor is off the scales. She is initially shy and a loner until she makes friends through the playing of German board games.

Each episode, they play a different board game and the rules of the game are explained before they play so you can follow along.

There's not much of a read more