Shinya! Tensai Bakabon

What would you like to edit?

Alternative Titles

Synonyms: Late Night! Genius Bakabon
Japanese: 深夜!天才バカボン


Type: TV
Episodes: 12
Status: Finished Airing
Aired: Jul 11, 2018 to Sep 26, 2018
Premiered: Summer 2018
Broadcast: Wednesdays at 01:35 (JST)
Licensors: None found, add some
Studios: Pierrot Plus
Source: Manga
Genres: ComedyComedy, Slice of LifeSlice of Life
Duration: 24 min. per ep.
Rating: G - All Ages


Score: 6.011 (scored by 877877 users)
1 indicates a weighted score.
Ranked: #85872
2 based on the top anime page. Please note that 'Not yet aired' and 'R18+' titles are excluded.
Popularity: #8453
Members: 3,062
Favorites: 2

External Links

Ranked #8587Popularity #8453Members 3,062
Add to List
Episodes: /12
* Your list is public by default.


The pinnacle of gag manga as well as one of Akatsuka Fujio's most renowned works, "Tensai Bakabon" returns after 18 years since its last anime with Director Hosokawa Toru's new original story!

Bakabon and his family, who made the phrase "This is how it should be" famous, are back along with the eccentric cast of Mr. Policeman, Rerere no Ojisan and Eel-Dog letting loose in a much more modern setting!

The new frontier of "Bakabon" that'll take place in a late-night slot is about to begin, 10 years after Akatsuka Fujio's death.

(Source: Crunchyroll)


No background information has been added to this title. Help improve our database by adding background information here.

Episode Videos

Related Anime

Characters & Voice Actors


Hosokawa, Tooru
Director, Script, Storyboard, Series Composition
Sakurai, Takahiro
Theme Song Performance
Ishida, Akira
Theme Song Performance
Morikawa, Toshiyuki
Theme Song Performance


Opening Theme

Apple Music
Amazon Music
Youtube Music
"BAKA-BONSOIR!" by B.P.O -Bakabon-no Papa Organization- (Arata Furuta, Miyu Irino, Noriko Hidak, Ai Nonaka, Toshiyuki Morikawa, Akira Ishida, Takahiro Sakurai)

Ending Theme

1: "Kaze wa Fuiteiru (風は吹いている)" by Ketsumeishi (ケツメイシ)
2: "Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence" by Ryuichi Sakamoto (eps 8)

Sep 26, 2018
Zerity (All reviews)
Such an underrated show in my opinion. The fact that it has a 5 rating (which I agree with in certain terms) makes me sad, and the fact that almost no one watched it makes me sad as well.

Was this show an amazing show which doesn't deserve the score at all? I would so about 20% no, the other 80% says Yes. The series is legit just dumb fun. It makes meta jokes and constant dirty humor. However I think the show accomplished what it set out to do. To be just plain stupid. Honestly the about of screenshots of the dumb shit the characters read more
Oct 8, 2018
Polkadottedsky (All reviews)
I started this anime because of it's relation to Osomatsu-san anime, I think you guys can understand by what I mean here. Also, surprisingly I enjoyed it because of the various guests that I recognized. That and the casting (popular actors) that's involved.
However let's cut to the chase here. This anime was a 4/10, maybe at best 5/10 in overall. With such minimum enjoyment, it's something I wouldn't re-watch or recommend at all.

Story - 5.
Being slightly misled by the first episode but that was probably to built some extra atmosphere for the rest. It doesn't keep the same expectation afterwards. Obviously there's really no read more
Sep 8, 2018
maxiburger (All reviews)
Don't base your commitment to watch the entire series on the unrepresentative first episode: If you came here expecting a spiritual successor to Osomatsu-san, you will be sorely disappointed. Both Shinya Tensai Bakabon and Osomatsu-san may be modern reinterpretations of Fujio Akatsuka's classic works, but Bakabon completely fails to catch Osomatsu's momentum, insultingly incapable of recreating its wit or boldness.

An overwhelming number of skits has the main characters stubbornly resist to come up with jokes or situations where something funny could happen. Instead, they sit around spitballing what they could do this episode, only to reject each other's lazy ideas by saying they'll get in read more


Recent News

TV Anime 'Shinya! Tensai Bakabon' Bundles Specials

TV Anime 'Shinya! Tensai Bakabon' Bundles Specials

The official website of the Summer 2018 anime Shinya! Tensai Bakabon has announced that the Blu-ray and DVD volumes will bundle a short 12-episode spin-off anime more

Summer 2018 Simulcast List [Update 8/2]

Summer 2018 Simulcast List [Update 8/2]

In this thread, you'll find a comprehensive list of anime acquired for simulcast release during the Summer 2018 season. Anime series licensed for home video more

Recent Forum Discussion

Shouldn't this be as popular as Osomatsu-san?
Haneken2086 - Aug 27, 2019
3 replies by John-a-san »»
Nov 29, 2019 7:32 AM
Poll: Shinya! Tensai Bakabon Episode 6 Discussion
tsubasalover - Aug 14, 2018
6 replies by alpha_shadow »»
Sep 6, 2019 2:41 PM