Edit Anime Information

Duration: 55 min.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Dec 30, 2008
ladyxzeus (All reviews)
"Fake" roams around the troubled relationship of two American cops while solving a complicated case.

As great fan of the manga I held up my expectations for this OVA. This anime adaptation of "Fake" focus on the Act 5 of the Manga, published on the second volum which, by itself, reduces very much the potential of the story. The flashback trick of the manga is explored here, but it was still disappointing not to see more.

The manga story holds many detailed complexities, that were basically left out in the anime. However, it's still a great action and mystery tale.

The characters were prefectly characterized: many hints read more
Jul 21, 2018
LeaOotori (All reviews)
I watched this simply because it was mentioned by a youtuber talking about the dynamics of gay relationships in anime. As someone fairly new to yaoi in general, I became interested and decided to watch since I was told that while this is an OVA, it's pretty much a stand-alone in and of itself. I have not read the manga, so that might influence my judgement, though I will try to make this as unbiased as possible.

First off, the story: I'm going to be straight up-- other than about five-ten minutes in between, there's really no romance. And the romance that is shown is read more
Jan 3, 2015
oxana (All reviews)
I prefer the manga. The drawing in the anime isn't that good, and I wasn't impressed with the voice-work, either. The plot is the same familiar one as in the manga - though with lesser details, of course. A nice watch, sure, but nothing to be impressed about. (Then again, I think the manga is brilliant, so it is rather hard to beat that :D)
Feb 8, 2015
Blonde (All reviews)
First off, I'm going to keep this review short as I don't want to waste too much time. Second off, don't get butt hurt just because I don't like it.

As a heterosexual male, obviously this isn't something I would be open to watching or enjoying. So, I went into watching this with a pessimistic approach. Overall, I rated it a 4 (Decent), which it wasn't. It was utter garbage, but rating it a 1 is too much imo.

Story:
2 Cops solving a case, but the case keeps on getting interrupted with sudden ass pumping. To be fair the story had its mystery and not a half read more
Jan 13, 2019
weeaboogers (All reviews)
I decided to watch this as a joke and ended up enjoying it so much that I watched it again.
FAKE is old and it looks super old. Some of the... actions of the characters are kind of questionable but... I don't know a gay cop story where the main characters actually kind of have a nice chemistry was refreshing to see even in this day and age.
Also,,, the opening... Oh my God. I've been looking for the full version of it for years and I can't for the life of me find it. It's. A. Banger.
It has that lovely old anime nostalgia, with the bright read more
Aug 22, 2017
Sidewinder51 (All reviews)
Rate a 6
English Dubbed

Feelings:Comedy and curiosity.

Comedy: among all this chaos and love it is hard to become swooned for almost at each advancement becomes shot down on some basis. Oh the struggle that is love.

Curiosity: Mystery anime come in various of forms. Whether it is complex or straight forward or in other. One can't help but become wrapped in the mystery despite the fact this was time to relax.

Story
Work and pleasure shouldn't mix. An old saying that holds truth. Sadly, how can that work if work constantly infringes on one's couple's free time? To make matters worse they are faced with the spew over read more