Edit Anime Information

Type: TV
Status: Currently Airing
Aired: Oct 5, 2018 to ?
Premiered: Fall 2018
Broadcast: Fridays at 22:00 (JST)
Licensors: None found, add some
Studios: J.C.Staff
Source: Light novel
Duration: 23 min. per ep.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Ranked: #20792

Nov 9, 2018
Kuba4ful (All reviews)
Watching this anime is very painful.
Back in 2016 I've heard, that Toaru Majutsu no Index is very good light novel, so I've decided to watch the anime adaptation .After watching first two seasons of TAMNI I was wondering "this is at most decent, why is it considered a very good light novel?", so I've decided to try and read it. I don't regret this decision. Toaru Majutsu no Index is the best light novel I've ever read. And I'm not overrating it, I loved almost everything about it. Besides La Regina del Mare Adriatico Arc, even in light novel it isn't good. I've read whole read more
Nov 9, 2018
Devostator (All reviews)
Keep in mind this is only related to the anime adaptation and slightly targeted towards the Battle Royale Arc that just ended:

While I want to keep this short, there is something I just want to get off my chest, after having waited so long for an adaptation, since I am more willing to watch an anime than read a Light Novel (I did read most of the summary and wiki entries however), I couldn't have been more happy to finally see all these scenes animated with good visuals.

Sadly, this is where my heart just breaks down now, what is this J.C. Staff? What have you read more
Nov 18, 2018
Durmanstainer (All reviews)
I'll be brief. This particular adaptation failed. Hard.

Either they tried to adapt everything in a short timetable, or the opposite, but J.C.Staff cut too much of the novel content in the process. I would prefer it if they decided to animate less in this season, but with better detail, instead of rushing through the story abandoning valuable pieces left and right. Story 4/10.

Characters' inner thoughts are omitted, some characters were not even introduced and just appeared with no backstory. As a result, their motivation is unknown, their actions seem irrational and forced. Even an off-screen narrator would do, like when Touma narrates about his situation. read more
Nov 18, 2018
DivineLion (All reviews)
this will be my first quick review into the series, i have read the Light novel all the way to its recent released.

Story: 7, Story now revolves around Touma, Accelerator, and now the recent one named Hamazura who is a level 0 like touma but with no powers whatsoever. The anime will be changing perspectives as the plot moves forward regarding the full on war with the science side and magic side.

Art: 7, Way better than the last 2 seasons but not on par on Railgun S i think. the fight scene with Accelerator and Dark Matter was really well done though, and hoping read more
Dec 9, 2018
UmMLKNoMundo2D (All reviews)
Honestly, I think a lot of people are judging unfairly this season.
Most people did not watch again or even tried to remember the previous seasons (this for the people who have watched these for a long time)
Another thing is that some people simply completely ignore the existence of Railgun S that introduces us to ITEM.
This season, yes, it is more rushed. However, if people strive to pay attention to the dialogues and reminisce about past events, they can easily understand what is happening.
Well, the lowest Arc this season (I hope) is really Battle Royale, with the exception of GROUP and ITEM, we do not know read more
Dec 2, 2018
AnimeOracles (All reviews)
And So the Index franchise is back with another season, at the time of the review the 9th episode had just finished airing so without further ado let's get in with it.

I love it !! The first thing I loved about the third season is the stakes, this season is a direct follow up of Index ii so we all know the God's Right seat are the villains this time around. It starts off with Touma facing off against them as always but what I particularly like about this season so far are how multiple protagonists are popping up. In fact, I think this read more
Dec 23, 2018
SuperCheese88 (All reviews)
What happened to this show? The first 2 seasons were pretty good, you knew what was going on, why people were doing things and the arcs felt fleshed out. Season 3? "Naw bro, you gotta read the books to enjoy the show." NO! That's not how it's supposed to work, the viewer needs to know what is going on while readers get to enjoy nuance and animated fight scenes they imagined.

This season is a waste of time. I hate what they've done. I hate that I've wasted 6 hours on it and I hate that they'll probably ruin Railgun too.
Dec 22, 2018
nixops (All reviews)
Please be aware that this is my own opinion and others may feel differently.

When I read that there was a Toaru Majutsu no Index III I was quite glad because I had enjoyed the first series, although the 2nd was not as good. I am afraid the 3rd is awful. To be frank I have no idea what it is about, who half of the characters are or what they are even trying to achieve by resurrecting the show.
To be fair the artwork is still very good and the OP is enjoyable and even Touma is pretty much the same as he was read more
Dec 28, 2018
OG_Gattsu (All reviews)
After careful analysis, I’ve come to the realisation that the guys in J.C Staff want Toaru Majutsu no Index III to give Tokyo Ghoul re: a run for it’s money for the worst adaptation in recent years!

Index season 1 and 2 were relatively decent, however season 3 is a complete trainwreck. J.C Staff are trying to adapt so much this season, that they crammed too much in each episode, causing it not to flow cohesively anymore.

They skipped a lot of content from the Light Novel and as a result the story is extremely rushed. The fast pacing hurts the story because we’re barely read more