So, here we are...most presumably the end of the 1st cour, and moving onto the 2nd cour with El Dorado as the focus.
So, at this point, pretty much we know are these series of events:
1) Setting of Garo in the US (Russell City)
2) Gina, Sword and Sophie most presumably being family towards each other
3) The real purpose and intention behind El Dorado, the kingdom of happiness (which we know has the main villains)
4) The trio on the journey towards El Dorado, one step closer to knowing the full plan.
5) As for Luke, he might have the revenge on the Dark Knight (soon in the 2nd
As for characters, Sword's never-ending knowledge of lust and power to stop Horrors is the main focus, Gina's case on-point to help out with Sword in eliminating Horrors and Sophie's involvement to get her brother back is still in progress. Luke on the other hand, has been neglected pretty much at this point so I can't comment on how the storyline will eclipse with his character.
As for production values, MAPPA still holds out pretty evenly well, if not a touch bad. For such an action-packed series such as Garo, the use of CGI is important for identifying details about how good they are used, and still holds out as a decent job done. Just so that in the 2nd cour, expect more action scenes and hopefully MAPPA doesn't let us down.
So, will the 2nd cour of Garo: Vanishing Line get back to the roots of what the originals are proclaimed of? Certainly not, but hoping that the staff working on this project doesn't gimp in progress.