Edit Anime Information

Japanese: Wake Up, Girls!新章

Type: TV
Aired: Oct 10, 2017 to Jan 8, 2018
Premiered: Fall 2017
Broadcast: Tuesdays at 02:05 (JST)
Licensors: None found, add some
Studios: Millepensee
Source: Original
Genres: Music, Drama
Duration: 23 min. per ep.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Nov 8, 2017
Revisionary (All reviews)
“Wake Up, Girls!” (WUG) came out in 2014 without much fanfare. While it wasn’t completely unknown to viewers at the time, it was definitely not a show that many paid attention to. Marred by poor production values and a plot that failed to really shine against its competitors, WUG never really managed to be a major player in the idol anime genre.

But nonetheless, it was a remarkable series in its own right. While more popular idol series like “The Idolm@ster” and “Love Live!” gave an idealized version of life as an idol, WUG always had a grounded approach in regards to how it represented read more
Oct 7, 2018
rangerkoji (All reviews)
Wake up girls is a series that was really low on my "to watch" list, and I think this is true for most people. As someone who loves to binge watch everything, I was waiting until the entire franchise finished, and I binge watched it.

My Overall Thought:
Some cool characters, ok story, good music, bad animation.

Synopsis:
Just the continuation from the "beyond the bottom" (not going to spoil it). However, we are introduced to a group of three girls that wants to become an idol. Job for the WUGs are steadily increasing, and are ready to put out their first album.

Story:
It was neither good or bad. Compared read more