Edit Anime Information

Japanese: ツキウタ。 THE ANIMATION

Type: TV
Aired: Jul 6, 2016 to Sep 28, 2016
Premiered: Summer 2016
Broadcast: Wednesdays at 23:00 (JST)
Producers: Movic, Pierrot Plus
Licensors: Funimation
Studios: Studio Pierrot
Source: Music
Genres: MusicMusic
Duration: 24 min. per ep.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Aug 17, 2016
YaoiMaster (All reviews)
Tsukiuta. is a chill anime about male idols doing fun things together and just enjoying life in general. If you're one who's into plot and character development, this anime isn't for you. It's just an anime for if you have nothing to watch and want to watch other people have fun.

The only bad thing is the CGI dancing, but the music isn't bad or anything. The anime isn't very dancing and singing oriented like Uta no Prince Sama, another idol anime. In fact, they don't sing or dance much at all, much less mention being idols. It's basically just a slice of life anime with read more
Jun 5, 2017
minallnsky (All reviews)
I personally loved Tsukiani, but I know that not many people would really like this sort of anime.

There's no overarching plot in this anime. It mainly follows the characters' lives and the small challenges they face as an idol. There's not much of them singing or dancing, but it revolves around how the other work that idols go through. So if you're looking for a lot of singing and dancing, this isn't the one for you.

The music is really good. The opening switches back and forth between the sibling/rival units, and the ending features a different characters' solo song each episode. Some people say that read more
Jun 27, 2019
felixlovesanime (All reviews)
There's only one rule that all Idol/music-genre anime shall follow: to radiate blissful joy to the audience. Unfortunately within popular landscape, it seems like such joy is only acknowledged in relations to a certain gender bias. However, once such bias is removed from one's headspace, one may definitely discover something great-- Tsukiuta, for instance.

Personally speaking, sometimes it makes me feel salty every time I see reviewers immediately lambast Idol/music-genre anime, particularly the ones with all-male characters (whilst they have no issue singing praise for the likes of BanG Dream! and Love Live!). Such bias immediately shadows the fact of which these kinds of anime actually read more
Aug 21, 2016
mitchi1 (All reviews)
It's a male idols anime and the target of this anime is clearly girls. It's not really built
on music and dance, neither on gaining popularity. It's more about showing the male idols personalities during their activities like job, promotional shooting or acting.

My opinion on this anime is mixed, i liked the topics about fans energy and hard work, but when it comes to the characters developments or interactions, i'm not really moved. Maybe their personalities are not developed enough, i can't really tell. I liked one of the characters development though.

For the people who are looking for an idol anime because of some read more
Dec 26, 2017
caile (All reviews)
A+, tbh. I found this anime as I was getting back into the music/anime scene, so I watched it coz i figured, "hey, it's anime, and it's music, so why not?" Honestly, it might have been one of my better decisions.

This review is spoiler-free, so while i don't think it's as in-depth as i can make it to be, i guess this can be a review to... encourage people to watch it, if they have the time to do so. go ahead!

OVERALL: 9/10

It's almost amazing! The only reason i can't give it a 10 is because my favorite character did not get an episode read more
Oct 13, 2016
serene-grace49 (All reviews)
I guess because I was starting to know just 'Iku' in this anime before. I follows the series but only for several seiyuu and in a month their song become addicting thing in my playlist.

The story more revolve to their life as idol and normal person. Good baits for shipping, if you are yaoi fans and I enjoyed this season because I did not see the 'over idol' as I remain calm to watch this series.

Well, having big issues for the character is make me thing they are human though, which kind different with other series, because I don't watch too much anime idol flaws.

But read more
Jul 31, 2019
Wooffx3 (All reviews)
This is my first review and I'd never thought I'd do one but here we are.
I heard Awai Hana from Tsukiuta blasting in an anime convention, loved it, remembered there was an anime and decided to try it. I watched this thinking I was going to get something disastrously similar to the B Project anime but boy was I proven wrong!!

Story: It doesn't really have a plot to follow, which is kinda alright for me, it was kind of refreshing. Though it's understandable if some people do not like these types of animes. Also, there is no heroine (thank god for that) and the read more