Edit Anime Information

Producers: None found, add some
Licensors: Viz Media
Studios: Madhouse
Source: Web manga
Duration: 12 min. per ep.
Rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity)

May 30, 2016
Bioman789 (All reviews)
This is just a honest review from a regular anime watcher so if your looking a detailed one its not the right place. To begin with if you're looking for action, like in the main story, it's not the right place to search. I agree That these special series are worth watching and are funny, but its definitely lacks the entertainment which the main story was packed with.

Would I recommend to watch it ? Definitely.
Will you have fun while watching it ? It depends on your expectations, but I'll say that it's worth spending your time.

So all in all 7/10.
Feb 27, 2016
Salokannel2 (All reviews)
(EDITED VERSION;)
OPM specials don't fall short on comedy compared to the main series. I dare to say the specials have even better comedy and humour than OPM itself.

In the specials we follow the people around Saitama. Genos, Sonic, Bang (later on the whole S class). As 6/6 episodes have aired, we have gotten some quality comedy with especially Genos. I loved episode 3's parody on Ginga Densetsu Weed (the huntsman and Akakabuto, the one-eyed king of the mountains).

As the specials main focus is more on comedy we only get to see the people around Saitama in all kinds of conflicts less than fighting monsters. read more
Apr 12, 2016
spacebro (All reviews)
The OPM specials are worth watching, don't let my low score fool you. I don't know if it's just a product of the sometimes awkwardly translated subs these are coming out with, but I found the humour overall in these to be a bit drab.

OPM specials feel like an episodic slice-of-life comedy. Let me clarify by saying that's about as far from my genre of choice as it gets, but I also feel it's far from the appeal of what OPM's mainline series was too.

While the art stays true to the original series, there's rarely a chance for Madhouse to really shiny when read more
May 16, 2016
Philipp-Nunes (All reviews)
These special episodes were quite interesting for not only focused on comedy (it's funny), and the comedy scenes, there is very interesting stories involved why are developing the characters, telling their past or simply focusing on a particular character.
     These specials were well thought out as if they all were inserted in flashbacks or in the middle of anime could drop quality.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Analysis ended here) There's not much to talk about since it is special episodes, I'm writing this just to fill out the question of writing a longer review. Soundtrack of this specials are so funny and relaxing, animation and very good fluidity as ever read more
May 2, 2018
YoungVagabond (All reviews)
The One Punch Man Specials are exactly what one expects, but doesn't always get from a series' extras. Each is an amusing side story not interesting or relevant enough for the main series. That might sound like an indictment, but the dozen One Punch Man episodes were of very high quality and heavily storyline-driven.

The specials aren't up to that level, but are they still exciting and funny? Damn straight they are!

Each episode focuses on a different character with the exception of the final one, which follows a gathering of the Hero Association and Kid Emperor's attempts to solve read more
Jul 31, 2016
Chappie7815 (All reviews)
The One Punch Man Specials embrace One Punch in a new light that made me feel more enjoyment in a smaller amount of time. How you ask?, lets find out!
(Shorter review for shorter series)

Story: 6/fair
The snippets of the universe that we see in these vignettes are slightly better with plot in each than of the original. Between observing more in-depth studies of side characters, as well as accepting more comedy as a whole, the story of these short stories of the One Punch world come together to form something great. Including side tales of Sonic, Tornado, and even more of the top S-class, these nice read more
Oct 18, 2017
Springball64 (All reviews)
The OPM Specials, something that I greatly looked forward to after watching OPM, and they did not disappoint.

Story: The stories in these were interesting, I enjoyed the furthering of some of the heroes that we didn't spend much time with in the actual show. Some I felt start to drag and overstay their welcome (although that may have been for some in-show reasons ;p). Giving this an 8/10.

Art: I believe that art was of similar quality to that of the show's, giving it an 8/10.

Sound: I couldn't pick up too many faults with sound. 7/10.

Character: I enjoyed the furthered character development, and none of the read more
Apr 25, 2017
comiclove (All reviews)
A series of OVAs released with the OPM Blu-Rays/DVDs, these specials are light/short fun that OPM fans, both casual and hardcore, can enjoy thanks to consistent art/sound quality (like the 'Road to Hero' OVA) and engaging characters.

[Story -7]

The stories aren't actually anything rather noteworthy - just side stories that take place in between or after certain episodes to showcase a character (such as Speed O' Sound Sonic or Genos). Nonetheless, they serve as nice little bites of character developments for the characters featured besides the two protagonists of OPM. I'd discuss each story, but I feel like that would be too much for such a read more