Edit Anime Information

Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns 2nd Season

Synonyms: Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo R 2, Kindaichi Case Files Returns, Kindaichi Case Files R 2, The File of Young Kindaichi Returns 2nd Season
Japanese: 金田一少年の事件簿R【リターンズ】

Type: TV
Aired: Oct 3, 2015 to Mar 26, 2016
Premiered: Fall 2015
Broadcast: Saturdays at 17:30 (JST)
Producers: Yomiuri Telecasting
Licensors: None found, add some
Studios: Toei Animation
Source: Manga
Genres: Mystery, Shounen
Duration: 24 min. per ep.
Rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity)

Mar 28, 2016
plisetskytrash (All reviews)
First of all I must say I didn’t watch/read any previous Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo material, like manga or prequel so I basically jumped into this season without previous knowledge of anything else and I definitely didn’t regret it! Also I need to add that everything was perfectly clear in this series so you don’t necessarily need to watch prequel to understand the plot.

This is a typical detective-mystery anime that revolve around high school student Hajime Kindaichi, grandson of famous detective. Anime focuses on Hajime’s efforts to solve the mysterious circumstances of different crimes by means of clues, investigation, and clever deduction. And the read more
Mar 26, 2016
FlunentDirty (All reviews)
I have been a fan of the Kindaichi Series for over four years. The stories are fun, exciting and easy to follow. I am an avid watcher of crime related shows and movies, so when the main character Kindaichi reveals how the criminal committed the crime, I am surprised when my conclusion is different. I love the "manzai" comedy act between Miyuki and Kindaichi. Miyuki is of course Kindaichi's partner, love interest, and best friend. I would like to see a progression between the two and so would Miyuki. If you are looking for a new anime to watch and want to start with this read more
Jul 9, 2016
Manjix (All reviews)
Kindaichi adaptation is faithful enough to the manga, hence making it good. However, in some cases they left out few of the key clues for the mystery, so it makes it harder for the audience to actually participate in the Kindaichi experience (ie: the Sherlock experience).

In comparison to the manga, Kindaichi anime is slightly behind in the details as from a manga fan's perspective, the anime played well in building up the tension and the suspense, but lags behind when it comes to hinting the killer.

Overall though, the show is a good introduction to the Kindaichi experience as in plenty of the cases, especially when read more