Edit Anime Information

Japanese: ワカコ酒

Type: TV
Aired: Jul 5, 2015 to Sep 20, 2015
Premiered: Summer 2015
Broadcast: Sundays at 22:27 (JST)
Producers: None found, add some
Licensors: None found, add some
Studios: Office DCI
Source: Manga
Duration: 2 min. per ep.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Sep 20, 2015
Pdev0797 (All reviews)
Wakako-Zake is a gem.There is just something so calm, peaceful, funny, and heart warming in this anime that I can't describe.The art is simple, but cute(some describe it as bad art, but they're idiots) .The VA particularly, is amazing.I also love the theme song.This is a no bs show, with a simple plot, but is just so soothing.It's something you would watch when you're depressed, and feel like doing nothing.

Overall, it's a fun anime to watch, leaving no regrets.
Sep 22, 2015
Sokah (All reviews)
A 2 minute show deserves a 20 second review. 12 episodes, 12 restaurants, 12 dishes and their accompanying drinks in 24 minutes. If you're looking for a travel cooking show like Parts Unknown, you've found your anime. Although the restaurants aren't real the dishes are. If you live outside of Japan you'll probably be introduced to 12 dishes you've never had but now will want to try. Even if you live in Japan there will probably be a couple you haven't seen before.
Sep 22, 2015
Beobachter (All reviews)
What can I say, apparently my favorite of Summer 2015 is the two minutes per week of literally just watching a woman eats, drinks, commentates, and lets out what is probably the most contented sigh you’ve ever heard in the history of moving pictures.

You don’t need to be a big foodie or particularly invested in Japanese culinary to be able to appreciate this show. Wakako basically acts as a tour guide into her headspace, delivering simple and instantly relatable monologue revolving around “what I will eat today, and why”. Such is the nature of this one-woman show, the voice actress is probably read more
Sep 26, 2015
Lostfiniel (All reviews)
Wakako-zake knows what it is. It knows it's a short look into one woman's enjoyment of food, drink, and pairings.

There's not a lot to say about this anime. I actually did really enjoy it and looked forward to it each week. Each episode promised to be an insightful look into food culture done in a calming and reflective manner and it succeeded very well. No drama, relatable main character, and succinct writing made this a success. It also usually made me hungry.
May 17, 2016
Paraturtle (All reviews)
Story:
It's a very simple premise executed well. Unbelievably relaxing, Wakako-zake makes for a quick cool-down anime for those who are in search of another binge but can't afford the time on an entire work. Since this story doesn't chase comedy, it doesn't fail by being comfortable and stable throughout it's less than 30-minute run-time. There are things that are funny in the sense that it's akin to real life. This woman loves drinking alcohol in a non-abusive manner because it feels good, and that good feeling translates even if you don't drink alcohol. It's just a cozy, comfortable anime. Because of this, it definitely was read more
Jul 23, 2018
A_kari (All reviews)
Short, slice-of-life clips of a young working woman who loves a good beer and savory foods. Great show to watch while drinking with friends, not so great when you're hungry yourself.

The highlight of the show is the excited descriptions of foods traditionally found in 'izakayas' (a sort of street-side Japanese pub), given in enough detail that one can almost enjoy the dishes as much as Miss Wakako herself. The short length of each episode doesn't detract from the sensation that one is actually stepping into one of these restaurants themselves, if only for a moment.

Don't come into this expecting a riveting story or read more
Jul 7, 2016
Nerpco (All reviews)
When making an anime, or any kind of show for that matter, you need a a plot. I personally don't think this score justifies this show, because as anime grows, more and more new and unique ideas always come forth. This isn't a bad thing necessarily, but it has turned into the norm for anime to always raise the roof with new ideas or if not new ideas.

I am giving this anime the score that it is because I feel like it took it's ( simple ) story it had and executed it very well.

Each episode revolves around a lady named Wakako Murasaki and her read more
May 3, 2018
Jow279 (All reviews)
This is my first time writing a review, and it's going to be a simple one too.

First off, this anime felt exactly like how a slice of life anime should feel like. It's only 2 minutes per episode, but that's not a bad thing whatsoever, in fact i think there should be more slice of life animes with that length.

Opening music is my jam, i would clap my hands every episode (which lasted about 24 minutes) and that's always a signal that it's a good song for me

Storywise, it's a slice of life. You feel very comfy and worry about nothing. It's a very read more
Jan 3, 2018
MetalTsundere (All reviews)
This is a simple anime with a simple plot..if you want something to just enjoy while riding a bus or waiting for you girlfriend then this is a good choice,

the sound is pretty decent and relaxing and the story....well there's nothing really into it , although I do think that everyone could enjoy it since it did pretty well for 2 minutes, both children teens and grown ups will like this I'm sure of it
There are some episodes where you feel like stoping or skipping but It's not really that big of a deal

Wakako is a pretty fine character though sometimes she's bland I read more
Sep 21, 2015
malikkkk27_ (All reviews)
So, another short anime has ended, which marks the end of sunday foodie, kinda enjoy watching it.

Not much on storyline or plot, it's just showing Wakako testing out foods after she had finished her office work, enjoy with a cup of warm or hot sake, plus letting out her "pssshhh" sound,. Anyway, i'm happy the story is not to sophisticated, easily to understand and easily made me hungry, so much for cooking genre. I did enjoy learning new foods shown in Wakako Zake, i do want to try it out when i'm planning to fly out to japan someday.

The art is nothing much interesting but read more
Oct 18, 2015
irisfang (All reviews)
I enjoyed this show a lot more than I thought I would. With a runtime that's shorter than one full normal-length episode (when you consider that the OP is 30 seconds long), how could Wakako-zake be successful? I asked. I watch shorts a fair bit, but this is really, really short even, for, well, shorts.

The answer: Wakako-zake knows exactly what it wants to do and what it wants to be. It's formulaic, with each episode covering one delicious dish, but the show realized that in order to pull this off successfully it needed:

1) a great main voice actress, since she's essentially narrating the show read more