Edit Anime Information

Japanese: 伊賀野カバ丸

Type: TV
Aired: Oct 20, 1983 to Mar 29, 1984
Premiered: Fall 1983
Broadcast: Thursdays at 19:00 (JST)
Producers: Toho
Licensors: None found, add some
Studios: Group TAC
Source: Manga
Duration: 23 min. per ep.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

May 8, 2010
k7online (All reviews)
I am, and thousands of other people I met in my life, a big fan of this series. I might be a little biased since I come from a generation that grew up watching this but the truth is that the story, the characters and the soundtrack are still some of the best in the genre.

Story:

Kabamaru's story is a comedy from start to finish with laughs guaranteed at every episode. It is reminiscent of Ranma 1/2 in many ways but it has its own unique flavor. It has it all ninjas, school romance, comedy, impressive fights and did I mention ninjas. Without giving too much read more
Feb 25, 2019
Tenderizer17 (All reviews)
A comedy anime that hedges all it's bets on the comedy but isn't really that funny. It looks like garbage, the characters are garbage, the sound is double garbage and ... yeah just don't watch this series.

I was told that I need to explain why someone might like this series in my negative reviews. So if you like this series it will be for the comedy, it's mostly "the protagonist is a massive jerk" and if you're into that and have already seen ... Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and even the second half of SAO S1 then you may want to turn to this series.