Edit Anime Information

Free!: Eternal Summer - Kindan no All Hard!

Synonyms: Free!: Eternal Summer Special, Free!: Iwatobi Swim Club 2 Special, Free! 2nd Season Special
Japanese: Free! -Eternal Summer- 禁断のオールハード!

Type: Special
Duration: 24 min.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Mar 18, 2015
Mikashimotaku (All reviews)
We've been waiting so long, and it finally arrived. The much anticipated Free! Eternal Summer OVA. It's no overstatement that KyoAni did a fantastic job in delivering to their multitudes of Free! fans in such a fun, light-hearted 24 minute OVA.

Story: 7
The premise is simple and fun. The Iwatobi and Samezuka boys all hang out at the Samezuka culture festival. Despite it's overall simpleness, the story provides excellent ways for characters to interact with each other both as usual and unusual. The OVA gives a new breadth of knowledge in the Free!verse because finally, we see some character interaction that has only so far been read more
Mar 18, 2015
iChanelCoco (All reviews)
Minor Spoilers Ahead:

Free! Is a special anime because it was the show that introduced me to the Sports Anime genre and because of it I am now a huge fan. I don’t like to write reviews but after watching this, I felt a little inspired. Free! At its core is a wonderful anime about friendship and the importance of forming and preserving bonds with those people you care about. Through seasons one and two we witnessed the emotional rollercoasters characters went through because they felt like they did not belong or they were jealous that they couldn’t be part of a group. Friendship helps everyone read more
Mar 19, 2015
justlikecarlo (All reviews)
For those of you who really missed the guys from Free!, then this special unaired episode would definitely be an eyecandy!

Right off the bat, we see the Iwatobi guys visiting the Samezuka School Festival and we then saw the crazy antics that ensued during the entire day in the festival. From the Samezuka's swim club's Maid and Butler Cafe (Damn, Rin looked good in butler uniform, as well as freaking Nitori and Momo on a maid costume, and Sousuke cooking omelette rice!!), to the guys playing the Survival game, where the winner is the last man standing. Who won? Watch it!

And oh, the awkwardness between read more
Jun 3, 2015
Maggot_Brain (All reviews)
This is how OVA's/Specials should be.Not directly related to the main series in terms of it being a continuation of it's parent series, but knowing the characters beforehand makes it much more enjoyable.

This Special was nearly perfect.It did'nt touch any serious theme like it's parent anime did (which was a coming of age story), but solely focused on giving us another look at the characters lives.

It's about when the Iwatobi Swim Club members went to Samezuka Academy's school festival and ended up playing a survival game with water guns.Many new and interesting interactions between characters who did'nt talk much in the main series are explored.

Overall, read more
Jan 14, 2018
isahbellah (All reviews)
Very much like a Community paintball episode, this OVA takes something as silly as a water gun competition and turns it into something WAAAAAAAAAAAAY more serious. And funny!!!

This OVA represents everything that I love about the anime: the lovable characters, the beautiful animation, the humor/comedy, the friendship between them, the somewhat romantic moments... <3 it has all of these aspects in it.

Plus, while I didn't like Sousuke before, I actually started to like him here! He grew as a character (and as a person) since the beginning of Eternal Summer... I appreciate that.

It's honestly one of the best special episodes I've ever seen.
Nov 15, 2017
saeid_2k (All reviews)
Free! Eternal Summer Special was an absolute joy to watch. In terms of comedy I think that this is the best from the Free franchise. They water gun fight was incredible and unpredictable all eight characters shine and I like each one of them a bit more after this. The stars of the fight for me were Rei.Momo,RIn and Nitori. These four were phenomenal. Nagisa,Makoto,Haru and Souske were also, fantastic in this episode. The ending was also, really nice with the eight of theme just talking and getting to know each other.

I had an absolute blast with this Free Eternal Summer OVA and it read more
Sep 10, 2018
BabyGirl06301 (All reviews)
Oh, my goodness, this may be the best episode of Free! I almost made it out without tearing up, too.

This is a really solid little episode. Actually, I think the music (other than the openings and endings) was a little bit stronger than usual. It set the mood pretty well. The art was normal, but that means that it's great like always.

This episode is Makoto, Haru, Nagisa, Rei, Rin, Souske, Ai, and Momo battling each other in a water gun war. It's so cool? Let me explain. First of all, everyone is acting like a damn assassin, which is badass. And when they get "shot" read more