Edit Anime Information

Pokemon Movie 18: Ring no Choumajin Hoopa

English: Pokemon the Movie: Hoopa and the Clash of Ages
Synonyms: Pokemon the Movie XY 2015, Pokemon the Movie XY: The Archdjinni of Rings - Hoopa, Pokemon Movie 18
Japanese: ポケモン・ザ・ムービーXY『光輪(リング)の超魔神 フーパ』

Duration: 1 hr. 18 min.
Rating: PG - Children

Jul 1, 2016
Chaotic_beauty (All reviews)
Pokémon the Movie: Hoopa and the Clash of Ages is the whooping 18th movie in the Pokemon series. Sometimes it seems as if these'll keep coming out forever. And if they do, I guess one day I'll be forced to descent to the mortal plane and walk the waking world eternally; just to review these little fuc*ers. When you crank out sequels yearly, care and originality become a problem. Pokemon settled into a routine. Once every few years the team will push out something a bit better or if we're lucky, genuinely enjoyable.

Sure, we didn't have a legit, consistently good movie since The Rise read more
Mar 14, 2019
Duckielover151 (All reviews)
I did not care for this one. The only thing saving this movie from being scored even lower is the beautiful visuals, (well, some of the CG was a little iffy, but I have soft spot for this Pokémon season's animation in general) so I'll try to keep this brief.

I wasn't really a fan of the way we're just thrown into the plot... the way Hoopa literally grabs our heroes out of their daily lives and plops them down into this plotline. It felt intrusive, and I wish they'd found a better way to tie this movie's story into something the gang was already working read more
Mar 30, 2019
Prophet615 (All reviews)
I'll admit, it's been a long time since I've watched any recent Pokemon movies, but Hoopa and the Clash of Ages is definitely the worst out of all the ones I've seen.

There really isn't any story in this movie. Hoopa has an evil side that has to be sealed away, and then a bunch of legendaries are summoned for a battle. Seriously. That's the plot. I've just saved you an hour and fifteen minutes. The bare-bones plot doesn't hide the fact that this movie is basically advertising the games, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire specifically. All the legendary Pokemon that are summoned are ones you read more