Edit Anime Information

Duration: 1 hr. 22 min.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Apr 21, 2015
AbsarNaeem (All reviews)
Kyoukai no Kanata: I'll Be Here - Kako hen is the first part of the movie series. This part is a complete recap of the original anime series. It does a good job getting you up to speed as to what happened in the original series and is only dedicated to the events surrounding Kanbara Akihito and Kuriyama Mirai and doesn't indulge in side stories.

Story 9/10:
This is a really good summary of the original series. No new scenes are used. It reuses the scenes from the original anime to make this summary.
The story of Kanbara Akihito and Kuriyama Mirai is explained. It does not go read more
May 3, 2015
LordFabio (All reviews)
Oh man stay away from this one. I'm not gonna be fancy here, this is more of a quick PSA than an actual review, but I could not stand by and let my fellow MAL users subject themselves to Kyoto animation essentially ripping itself off.

I should say first though that I love the original Kyoukai no Kanata show and Kyoto Animation in general so I'm not really reviewing the show here. Its just that KyoAni can't seem to do well with its show-to-compilation-film adaptations (I'm looking at you too Chuunibyou compilation film, but that's another story for another day). Why they read more
May 12, 2015
Exahall (All reviews)
Don't expect too much. (spoiler-free review)

The main thing about this movie is that, whilest watching it, it only made sense to me because I watched the original series (twice even because I like it so much).

A lot is left out, and yes, the main plot points are stuffed in there, but they're basically presented without context and a lot doesn't make sense at all if you haven't watched the original series.

I can't quite give a good opinion on the story/art/character development because of this. It just barely contains any that makes sense without the context of the series. Besides that, it occurred to read more
Apr 21, 2015
Beaudean (All reviews)
Well this is my first review so lets see how it goes.

Kyoukai no Kanata Movie: I'll Be Here - Kako-hen is part one in a two part movie.

I am going to get straight to the point here... This movie is a recap of the 12 episodes of Kyoukai no Kanata, and if you have watched Kyoukai no Katana series recently, then you had may as well completely skip this movie and watch the second half which is the continuation after the episode 12 equivalent.

Back to the review.

I went into this anime just thinking it would be another addition to the Kyoukai I knew read more
Jun 25, 2015
akirai-san (All reviews)
I'll start off by saying that Kyoukai no kanata was and is my absolute favorite anime. And, going into this movie, I knew it was a recap. I decided to watch it anyway because I loved the series so much.

As a movie, it was okay, answered a couple questions and added one or two extra scenes (the second one was at the end after the credits). I recommend watching the series first though because much of what made the anime so great was lost in trying to cram 12 episodes into movie length piece. Also there wasn't enough time for Hiroomi, Mitsuki, Ayaka, Ai, & read more
May 7, 2016
Cloe900311 (All reviews)
Story: The story is a recap of the episodes, but there is much more depth in the relationships, specifically Akihito and Mirai's. We get to see how much Mirai has struggled through the additional scenes, so it makes the story even more touching. The complexity and emotions of this movie helps you understand how Mirai and Akihito developed feelings for each other.

Art: The art is the same as the episodes, so it's great as always.

Sound: The emotions when the characters speak makes a significant impact on their relationships with each other. The music increases the intensity of scenes when it was required, and the theme read more
Apr 27, 2017
Shimensoka (All reviews)
Having just completed the thrilling anime Kyoukai no Kanata, you can imagine my surprise to find that there were two movies related to the series, Kako-hen, the recap movie, and Mirai-hen, the direct sequel. This review will obviously pertain to the former.

Please note that this is not a movie for newcomers who are unaccustomed to the plot of KnK (so for the love of Gilgamesh if this is you, don't watch this).

Despite the original anime's prevalent flaws, my prior enjoyment made me believe that this movie could stand alone or be (dare I say) better than the original if it cut read more