Edit Anime Information

Duration: 8 min. per ep.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Jan 5, 2016
Croeb (All reviews)
Not much difference between the original show except for the length of the episodes. I would call it a continuation rather than specials. Some episodes last 10 minutes, some last 6 minutes. Regardless, I enjoyed it almost as much as the original.

Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to The Animation Specials has no story development, and each episode is its own. I would consider this show as humorous, among other things. If you found the original show good, you should watch this. This was one of the better specials I've seen in a while.

All in all, recommended! The opening and the ending stayed the same, and the read more
Jan 24, 2017
Sparrowhawk02 (All reviews)
If you enjoyed the main story, Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to The Animation, then you'll enjoy this. It has very much the same feel as the main series, its full of lighthearted humor, funny characters but not much of a story.

The OVA does focus a bit more on the other main characters besides Aito, such as Ashisu, and we see a bit more of the editor in chief Matome. The episodes are only 6-12 minutes long and there is no story line that lasts more than a single episode.

Despite not having much of a story this OVA still had me laughing many times in the read more