Edit Anime Information

Kagaku Ninja-tai Gatchaman

English: Gatchaman
Synonyms: G-Force, Scientific Ninja Team Gatchaman, Kagaku Ninjatai Gatchaman, Battle of the Planets
Japanese: 科学忍者隊ガッチャマン

Type: TV
Aired: Oct 1, 1972 to Sep 29, 1974
Premiered: Fall 1972
Broadcast: Sundays at 18:00 (JST)
Producers: None found, add some
Source: Original
Genres: ActionAction, AdventureAdventure, Sci-FiSci-Fi, ShounenShounen
Duration: 25 min. per ep.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Score: 7.041 (scored by 20872,087 users)

May 25, 2010
RyvanII (All reviews)
In only just a few short weeks, Gatchaman has been able to establish itself as my favorite anime. It's the combination of excellent vintage animation, sound, retro- style, and over-all originality that makes it such an amazing series. There's plenty of character development along with great story telling. Even the characters make the series such a great work. Gatchaman was the series that played a huge roll in the creation and boom of Henshin tv shows. My advice to anyone is to check out this series, especially if your an old-school anime fan.
Sep 6, 2014
punkertz (All reviews)
Guys..this is one of my favourite anime(way..way back then...lol)

... So for the heck of it.. i'm going to write a review base on my childhood memories.

tome this is a masterpiece... they managed to creator such a wonderful anime way back then. With their animation tech back then..this was a great great series.

It was creative... it was fun....it was and to me still is a wonderful series.

cool heroes(although they look like hippies with bell bottoms...lol)

cool read more
Oct 18, 2009
Bishounen_Hunter (All reviews)
When I heard that ADV had released G-Force/Battle of the Planets in it's entirety of all original 105 episodes completely unedited and under the original name, Gatchaman, I was overjoyed! Battle of the Planets [BOTP] was certainly all that and a bag of chips back in the day. Funny thing is, a couple of years back I attempted to revisit my childhood memories by watching Battle of the Planets again for old times sake and to my abject horror and dismay, I saw now with my adult eyes how absolutely putrid BOTP was....feel free to read my review of BOTP. Now that it's fully restored read more
Aug 9, 2019
alaharon123 (All reviews)
5 episode review:

Started watching subbed and it was a pretty mediocre anime with pretty bad subtitles that were badly worded and had too much text for the amount of time they were on-screen. I was going to drop it, but I figured I should check out the dub. I have now seen 3 episodes of the show with the dub and I gotta say, I like it. The following is a review of Science Ninja Team Gatchaman dubbed.

Science Ninja Team Gatchaman is a children's monster of the week cartoon in which each episode contains a small amount of world-building as it slowly builds up this read more