Suisei no Gargantia: Meguru Kouro, Haruka

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet: Far Beyond the Voyage

English: Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet: Far Beyond the Voyage
Synonyms: Suisei no Gargantia OVA, Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet OVA, Suisei no Galgantia OVA
Japanese: 翠星のガルガンティア~めぐる航路、遥か~

Type: OVA
Aired: Sep 27, 2014 to Apr 4, 2015
Producers: Bandai Visual
Licensors: None found, add some
Studios: Production I.G
Source: Original
Genres: ActionAction, AdventureAdventure, MechaMecha, Sci-FiSci-Fi
Duration: 53 min. per ep.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

1 indicates a weighted score.
Ranked: #20052
Apr 12, 2015
LordNepNep (All reviews)
The episodes continue off from the original series introducing also a new character.

Story:
Basically, it continues on about Ledo after the events in the main story where he now works as a diver gathering stuff. The first part is basically breaking into the new character and also showing what Ledo did off screen. The second is a continuation, but both sides have a pretty critical point that made me jump out of my seat.

Sound:
The sound never really bothered me nor did it really help to the story. Honestly, I gave it an 8 only because I couldn't find a negative point, but nothing stood out.

Art:
For a read more
Jun 24, 2019
Chrome_Falcon (All reviews)
"Far beyond the voyage" is a two episode OVA series for Suisei no Gargantia that expands on the worldbuilding of the original series. You could think of it as a movie that is split into two episodes. It doesn't explore the already known cast any further or go into detail about the Galactic Alliance or Hideauze, but does expand upon the waterworld very nicely.

We get to have a glimpse of the daily life inside Gargantia once more and will see what Ledo is doing after the events of the series. Some clues about the history of the Earth before the colonists left it are revealed. read more
Oct 13, 2020
WdaCdaShdaDid (All reviews)
Spoiler warning, I guess.

I tried… so hard to care about this two-part OVA, and ended up playing solitaire for half of episode 1. Lima isn’t interesting, and the way her story ends is… so very bad. The mini stories in episode 1 aren’t interesting. The stakes at the end of episode 1 were slightly exciting, I guess? Pinion negging Lukkage and Bellows has never been interesting and it’s not interesting here. The one interesting part was actually seeing more types of ships in the Gargantia fleet to confirm that it is a fleet in the military sense, as well. And then the plot took some read more