Edit Anime Information

Japanese: ドラゴンボール改

Type: TV
Aired: Apr 6, 2014 to Jun 28, 2015
Premiered: Spring 2014
Broadcast: Sundays at 09:00 (JST)
Producers: None found, add some
Licensors: Funimation
Studios: Toei Animation
Source: Manga
Duration: 23 min. per ep.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Jul 5, 2015
Rednights (All reviews)
If you've never seen Dragon Ball Z, this is the version to watch. Asides from a preference to American dubbing, Kai's better focus by cutting out filler does wonders. The hand drawn and remastered animation without a doubt still hold up, the fight scenes still feel visceral and impactful. There's not much to say, it's Dragon Ball Z without filler and without that crappy Funimation music job. There's nothing here that's going to blow your mind, but there are many moments engraved into anime culture that's worth watching it for.
Jun 18, 2015
TeenageSpaceman (All reviews)
Definitely one of my Favorite anime's, I think this series is better in a way that it follows the manga and does not show any unnecessary things. I've had great Nostalgic memories with this anime plus by watching this series the story of dragon ball z was a greater Commitment to the memory which would help with the story of Dragon ball Super. This anime has great character overall and the action of this anime was outstanding. I would suggest everyone to watch this anime again before watching Dragon Ball Super
Jul 3, 2017
Malus92 (All reviews)
While it's better than the Z version for the filler that was removed, Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters is a poor sequel to the original Dragon Ball Z Kai that we received a few years ago.

After the end of DBZ Kai with its lower than expected ratings, Toei did not plan to make a Kai for the Majin Buu arc of the series. Investors wanted it for the overseas audience, thus they went ahead with it after all. But since this was never planned to air in Japan and the first Kai got low ratings, Toei half-assed this as much as they possibly read more
Jun 23, 2017
AshExx (All reviews)
This is the second part of Dragon Ball Kai, also known as Dragon Ball 2014, or Dragon Ball Kai: The Final Chapters.

The Art : The animation is good, and the unique art of Dragon Ball, as we all know it is still there. I haven't noticed any animation issue while watching it.

The Story : The anime follows the story of Majin Buu, which is a simple and monotone one.

The Sound : I enjoyed the Opening so much! The soundtracks are diversified and awesome. And sometimes the use of them really changed the atmosphere of the scene, whether it is to make it sad or funny.

The read more