Edit Anime Information

Producers: Pony Canyon
Licensors: Viz Media
Studios: Studio Pierrot
Source: Game
Duration: 25 min. per ep.
Rating: PG - Children

Jan 31, 2012
rondoblend (All reviews)
I also include a briew review of Blue Dragon: Tenkai no Shichi Ryuu at the end end of this review.

Story
The story is good it's Dragon Ball meet Digimons. Because our heroes are kids that control monsters., our heroes go from town to town to get closer to the enemies's headquarter. and gather allies. pretty standart. 6
Th story has a very good twist that you will enjoy( can't tell because it's a spoiler. I suggest you keep watching it till the end. 7

Art
It's Akira Toriyama's work so you won't be dissapointed, the characters and backgrounds are read more
Mar 11, 2016
apex_malik (All reviews)
This anime is one of my childhood animes.
I can't believe I'm writing a review on it today.
What can I say. I'm a big fan of Blue Dragon. Pretended I had a shadow of my own.
I mean who wouldn't after wacthing this epic storyline and shit?!
For me it was story. Awesome effects. Awesome characterization.
but then again it had its faults here and there. Too much fan-service.
and then it was a bit too predictable and didn't really have that pinch of suspense.
Well i suppose It was quite the entertainment.
I was around 12 when I watched this on Cartoon Network and I didn't miss a single episode read more
Oct 11, 2013
Shura-shurato (All reviews)
´I DON´T WANT TO LET YOU GO´ the end song of this serie´s and after watching this i REALLY DIN´T wanted to let this anime go!!!!!!! personally i had soo much fun watching it and a big laugh. Seemed that the works inspired by dbz and final fantasy influences was not in vain, at least for fans of the genre´s. The ONLY minor thing about it was the fast build-up of the charachters at 1till episode 8 or so, and some behavior the charachters have, but as the serie progresses it leaves it more to the background. I had no idea that a entertaining serie´s read more
Jul 10, 2018
LightningRage96 (All reviews)
The game was a lot better - but it did come first - and if it followed the same plot as the game I would give it a 10.

The characters were very childish (they're like 12 in the anime and 16 in the game or something) and sometimes they were unbearable - Bouquet (the hippo girl) was incredibly frustrating and the primary reason why the character score is a 4. Her only use is in the second season and even then she's still annoying and pretty much useless.

I do however absolutely love the plot and the whole shadow concept, words can't describe how read more