Bakuen Campus Guardress

Producers: Shueisha
Licensors: None found, add some
Studios: Production I.G
Source: Original
Genres: ActionAction, ComedyComedy, SupernaturalSupernatural, SchoolSchool, ShounenShounen
Duration: 30 min. per ep.
Rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity)

Score: 6.081 (scored by 857857 users)
1 indicates a weighted score.
Nov 2, 2009
Master10K (All reviews)
What the hell is going on? When will all my questions be answered? Those are the thoughts you can expect to have whilst watching Combustible Campus Guardress. It’s incredibly difficult to get through this Supernatural, Action, Comedy fiesta, without being confused about something fundamental, like the plot.

From what I could gather after the numerous failed attempts at exposition; there’s a world of darkness, which had its gate to our world sealed somehow. Now the “Remnants” want to reopen the gate, to do the usual take over the world thing that all evil seems compelled to do. So it’s all up to the “Guardians” to prevent read more
Dec 12, 2019
EggheadLuna (All reviews)
Bakuen Campus Guardress (EN: *Combustible Campus Guardress) is often outshined by its successor series, Bastard!!—but in the waning light of obscurity is something the breaks the mold and was way ahead of its time, as far as progressive ideology goes. An apocalyptic comedy that is queer, in every sense of the word, and polarizing to its viewers.
*This title was coined by the members of the fansub group: Project Daicon—Guardress has never been officially licensed for English-speaking audiences.

This review contains spoilers for Bakuen Campus Guardress (1994)! You have been warned!

—Story/Characters

Every 3,000 years, a portal to the demon world opens up, and demons are unleashed upon us. read more
Feb 2, 2021
Burayan (All reviews)
The first thing to keep in mind about this show is that it's parody. It's only four episodes, so if you're into lengthy character background and development, you'll be disappointed. The characters are all caricatures of anime stereotypes. The heroine is an over-the-top warrior, feared by friend and foe alike, who generally does more collateral damage to the real estate than she does to her targets. Her wishy-washy love interest is about helpless, the teacher is an unabashed pervert, and the main antagonist is an exaggerated megalomaniac. So this is not a serious drama show.

I liked the details that the read more