Edit Anime Information

Duration: 22 min.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Oct 27, 2013
gagan5867 (All reviews)
Well to start up with I guess the OVA didn't live up to the expectations that we generally have with Chihayafuru but all in all it was kinda good. The OVA basically focuses on Sumire's love for Taichi and her trying to snatch him from our beloved Chihaya. Chihaya has almost no screentime so you can guess that there is no Karuta played either.
The good parts of the OVA were that it had a good touch of comedy and the art was beautiful. The ending was kinda hilarious too.
Lastly I would like to say that if you are watching the OVA for seeing chihaya read more
Dec 25, 2018
BabyGirl06301 (All reviews)
I don't really know how to review this OVA to be honest. It was a really fun experience to watch these characters have an off day and kind of joke around outside of the tense matches we see them in during the main series.

Obviously, as an OVA, the quality isn't as high-caliber since this is just meant to be a side-story. However, I do think the little character developments for Taichi regarding Chihaya and Hanano were nice. It was a nice highlight for that small love triangle that sort of exists between those three. It wasn't something huge, but it was there, and I read more