Edit Anime Information

Studios: None found, add some
Source: Unknown
Duration: 45 min.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Score: 5.991 (scored by 679 users)

Feb 1, 2019
matthigh (All reviews)
As I was watching this, I could have sworn on a stack of pancakes that this was a story by Rumiko Takahashi. The character designs, the slapstick action and improbable set-up, the thematic elements and pacing all scream Takahashi.

But after finishing and digging around online, I was gobsmacked - I can't find her name anywhere on this OVA. It was so obvious to me, I couldn't believe it.

And yet, here we are. Everything about this is basically recycled Ranma 1/2. Swap out the characters from one to the other, change the read more
Jun 10, 2014
jyagan0 (All reviews)
Very good little, short anime. It is a must see just for the comedy and story line. Despite the title.. the picture and the description don't let it fool you. It's set in the modern era.. for some reason the kid carries around a real sword to school and no one cares. Lots of nudity and a Swiss cheese plot what make up this movie. Add in a horrible translation and dub, i highly suggest least doing subtitles. Despite all this though it turns out amazingly funny. So stupid at parts you have to laugh, reminds me a lot of Ranma 1/2 or DNA^2 type read more
Nov 8, 2018
Basicpleb420 (All reviews)
Before I start this review, I must say the title to this anime is a bit misleading. I wouldn't say it's about THE Samurai, but it's definitely about A Samurai. It's not the samurai story to end all samurai stories.

In spite of that, this is still quite the fun little OVA. It's stupid, but it has that goofy charm that's hard to say no to.

Story: 3/10
The story is first and foremost the weakest part of this OVA, so let's get that out of the way. Yes, the story is stupid, but obviously this wasn't intended to be treated as high art or thought-provoking stuff. That read more