Puka Puka Juju

Synonyms: Pukapuka Dudu, Wakate Animator Ikusei Project, 2011 Young Animator Training Project, Anime Mirai 2011, Dudu the Floater, Dudu the Floatie
Japanese: ぷかぷかジュジュ

Source: Original
Genres: FantasyFantasy, Slice of LifeSlice of Life
Duration: 24 min.
Rating: G - All Ages

1 indicates a weighted score.

External Links

Mar 26, 2013
5camp (All reviews)
Young Animator Training Project/Anime Mirai short reviews: Part 7/12

Dudu the Floatie tells the tale of a little girl who wants to go to the beach with her dad but the dad keeps putting it off because of work and partly because he’s terrified of water. The directing in this one is remarkably good in how it pieces larger story beats in silly little asides. Things like the shots of the dad playing golf with his bosses, where they keep missing the golf ball entirely, signifying how utterly tedious his work obligations are. The story does get a bit silly when it reaches the fantasy bit. read more
Jul 16, 2012
tapanda (All reviews)
This is an adorable little story about a girl who wants to go the beach with her father, who is constantly held up by work. In the first five minutes of this special, I went from not enjoying it very much to being completely sucked into the story.

Story: 9. As I mentioned, it is just the story of a little girl who wants to go to the sea with her father. The only trouble is, her father can't swim, and has been afraid of going into the ocean ever since he was a small child. Right when they are about to go, he gets called read more
Sep 27, 2012
playmakerzam (All reviews)
This is my very first review in MAL so forgive me if i make any mistake. I just had to write a review on this anime because it seems that nobody cared writing one. so her goes.

Pokapokajuju or dudu the floatie one of the entries in the young animator training projects is a short heartwarming story that'll touch your heart. Dont know for others but it really did made my eyes wet a little while watching it alone in the dark. lol.

the story is simple but it is very heartwarming, a simple family with simple lives,the setting shows that their not really rich,in the family read more
Jun 11, 2020
CataOrShane (All reviews)
This movie was created by inexperienced animators with the sole purpose of practicing and improving their professional skills. I know this because I read the MAL entry and not because it's noticeable. What I'm trying to say is that visually it doesn't look unfinished or unpolished. The visuals are pretty to look at and the action sequences look fluid and entertaining.

There are some flaws in terms of sound design, particularly the dialog's volume being too low compared to the sountrack and sound effects' volume.

The story and the characters are adorable and it's a really sweet and short experience that will warm your heart read more
Jun 6, 2019
Alufei (All reviews)
Puka Puka Juju, a tale of a young daughter wanting to go to the beach with her father but can't because of work obligations.

Effective is a word I would use because it covers the bases of family, creativity, and imagination from a child's perspective. Which links to animation, colorful and full of life.

It is vibrant and works with the themes of the plot and the desires of the characters. Which, again, contrast well with the imagination part of the child's mind with how each character must overcome said idea.

As a whole, it is the strongest of the 4 shorts of 2011 in terms read more