Both those shows contain:
- The weirdest art styles imaginable.
- A short run time per episode.
- A slice of life/school setting.
- Fast-paced humor.
- Energetic characters (Mai/Mi and Chino especially.) that have charm at their best and are just plain retarded at their worst.
- A share of WTF'ery at times. (Though in Ai Mai Mi it happens a lot more often.)
If you like one, you might like the other.
Both shows are short, fast-paced (especially Teekyuu) and hilariously random. In Gakkatsu, characters discuss bizarre topics, which results in a more bizarre conclusion. In Teekyuu, characters do bizarre things, which results in a more bizarre outcome. The characters in both shows are very wacky and eccentric, and thus funny and enjoyable to watch.