Edit Anime Information

Producers: None found, add some
Licensors: None found, add some
Studios: PrimeTime
Source: Manga
Duration: 23 min. per ep.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Jun 29, 2012
(Edit: LOL I just removed the other comment. I thought it was Fukuyama Jun who voiced Tetsu! LOL It was Fukushima Jun actually! I misread it!And I don't know him OTL)

Oho~ Guess I'll be the first one to review this OVA!! :D

Story: 8/10

Tight Rope is ONE of my MOST FAVE YAOI MANGA by Natsume Isaku. So I was really really happy when I learned that it will have an ANIME VERSION!

I finished watching the 2 episodes and I must say.. it was good. It didn't really disappoint me like those other Yaoi OVAs. And I say it's good because even if you haven't read the read more
Jun 1, 2013
I haven't read the manga, so I'm reveiwing this only on the Anime.

Story 9/10.

Because it really is a bit diffrent than other voilence/yaoi out there. And the realtionship between the two main characters is sweet.

Art. 9/10

Because when it comes to yaoi. i've seen some horrible art, but Tight-rope is not one of them. I really did enjoy the art.

Sound 8/10

Because the opening song was really nice and the voice actors won't annoy you.

Characters 10/10

They really do make you laugh, and the two main characters go together nicely I think.

Enjoyment 10/10

Even thought it's short, it's really enjoyable.

Overall 9/10

If you debating if you should watch this read more
Jul 11, 2012
That was horrible ! I really love this manga and Natsume Isaku works and I was very happy that Tight Rope will be adapted into anime... but, my expectations were too high. It was more like picture drama than anime. I really not reccomend it for people who are not yaoi fans.
Apr 26, 2016
If you look at my list, you'll see that it is littered with \ yaoi and shounen-ai anime to which I have given really low scores. This may lead you to think that I really dislike shounen-ai, but that's not the case. I'm a gay guy (yes, I know, outside of most of the target audience) who likes romance and anime, and I think there is good potential to this genre that, as of yet, I have seen unfulfilled--with the exception of a few obscure doujinshi I've read. Of all the shounen-ai anime I've seen, though, Tight Rope comes closest to fulfilling this untapped potential.

The read more
Jan 29, 2016
I thought this series was so cute, and wish that the series was longer.. That is my only complaint and it usually is my only complaint from yaoi animes haha.
The overall relationship was really adorable and I loved the personalities of the main characters. If you are someone that likes the relationship more than the (you know what) then you will really like this anime. Personally, I'm one who likes a very adorable relationship and that's totally what this one is, and it had some humor which I loved.
The artwork, sound, enjoyment and story overall is definitely a high 9 or 10 for read more
Jul 3, 2016
Don't be fooled by the cheesy music of the less than imaginative opening title and the simple style, this anime is not from the 90s or even the early 2000s.

It is a charming, if not pretty by the numbers, BL story. And make no mistake that this is just shounen-ai with some rather nice, albeit sparse, make-out scenes.

The characters are given just enough time to get their motivations in, and a bit about their characters. I quite like Tachibana Shinnosuke's performance as Naoki.

I would recommend this for someone getting into BL and Yaoi and wanted to see a fully animated and realised story from the read more
Nov 14, 2015
Story (8/10)

Art (8/10)
Let's be real, this art isn't a 8, but for animated yaoi it's really good.

Animation (4/10)
Oh, Lord… Most things looked awkward, from fighting to walking to kissing to sometimes even talking, no fps can help this and they repeat animation sequences so much.

Sound (6/10)
Lol, what sound? The OP and ED are easy going compositions that disappear from your memory the moment you finish listening to them, the background music is basically non-existing apart from the "que piano music for dramatic appeal", unrealistic everyday sounds for instance walking, hitting people, etc. Still, the thing that really pulled through was the voice acting, read more
Aug 16, 2014
tight rope is a two episode movie about gangster love. It's very sweet and funny and has the same theme as sekai ichi hatousi. There is some fighting in it and sexual implication but both enhance the story.

I enjoyed the character relationship the best, I'm a romantic at heart and liked how they interacted.

Again my only complaint is how short it is, can certainly see this as a longer series but even in the two they completed a whole story that leaves you with a good feeling.