Edit Anime Information

Japanese: キャッ党忍伝てやんでえ

Type: TV
Aired: Feb 1, 1990 to Feb 12, 1991
Premiered: Winter 1990
Broadcast: Thursdays at 19:00 (JST)
Source: Original
Duration: 24 min. per ep.
Rating: G - All Ages

Apr 15, 2008
Elise_Grimwald (All reviews)
I don't remember much about this series at all, but I remember that it was the first anime that I ever saw, and liked. It's also what got me into anime in the first place, so it's always special to me. :). I remember rushing home to see this every day after school, and was disappointed if I didn't make it in time. And I was even more disappointed when it was canceled.
Anyway, I remember it being a fun series that had decent art(for the time), and was always enjoyable. If you can find it, I definitely recommend watching an episode yourself, or showing read more
Sep 9, 2014
Talane (All reviews)
To start out with, if you didn't already know Samurai Pizza Cats and Kyattou Ninden Teyandee are two COMPLETELY different shows. When the producers decided to send KNT to America, they either didn't send the original scripts or they were translated badly before being sent.
The result?
Samurai Pizza Cats.
The dub isn't a translation at all; in fact, the English scripts were made up based on what the characters seem to be doing as interpreted by the English crew. An "interpretation" is probably the only title you could give this show that links it to it's Japanese side. No names were kept, and some characters read more
Nov 11, 2015
ktulu007 (All reviews)
It's been a while since I looked at a series for kids. Usually the anime I get requests for are for a more teenage audience, if not older. Enter Kyattou Ninden Teyandee, an anime from the early 90s. It was brought to us by Tatsunoko Production. You may remember them from my review of C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control. You may also know them from that game they partnered with Capcom to make. It was written by Sekijima Mayori & Akahori Satoru, the man behind Bakuretsu Hunters. If the pink cat girl strips into bondage gear to fight I'm going to be read more
Sep 28, 2008
cerberus20 (All reviews)
This is a classic to me, i think it was the first anime i ever saw, and has also been the one that got me into watching more anime later on.
i think ive been no more than 7 or 8 years old back when it aired on german tv-station RTL+. Every saturday and sunday morning i and my younger siblings would get up very early to watch this anime when it was on.
I later on bought a DVD with this series but was disappointed in it not being possible to get more than one with them.
its an anime i will always hold dear, and if read more
Jun 28, 2011
anime_perla (All reviews)
If you want to laugh really hard this anime is for you.
This anime turns around 3 cats that work on a pizza store and fight against crime.
Every episode has new jokes and different adventures.
Even though there is not a lot about characters history is not like it was eventual for the story to grow.

I really recommend you this show if you like silly, random stuff. And if you want to have a good time.

Oct 21, 2017
ShadowsOfHell (All reviews)
Samurai Pizza Cats was totally awesome. Why hasn't anyone told me about this anime? It's cute and fun. Watching SPC made me hungry because pizza lol.

I love the opening theme song. It's so catchy and funny. Who do you call when you want some pepperoni? Samurai Pizza Cats!

I like how the anime wasn't episodic so I won't have to be itching about what happens next in SPC.

I love the artwork and the characters. My favourite character has to be Speedy since he's the crazy one.

Not much to say now. I don't mind watching Samurai Pizza Cats again :) if you guys love read more
Mar 26, 2009
Cerviche (All reviews)
This was my first official anime that i have seen in my life, along side Astro, alot of fond memories and happy times in my childhood revolve around watching this anime every saturday morning at 10am lol. My anime addiction starts with this and will never end. Thank you Samurai Pizza Cats :)

The only reason it gets a 10 for art in my book is it was probably the best in its time and was somewhat unique, they are the foundation for all cats in anime lol, my opinion only :)