Ar Tonelico: Sekai no Owari de Utai Tsuzukeru Shoujo

Source: Game
Genres: ActionAction, AdventureAdventure, FantasyFantasy, Sci-FiSci-Fi
Duration: 24 min.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

1 indicates a weighted score.

External Links

Feb 24, 2008
Otenchi (All reviews)
Note: I'm using the characters' names from the American release of the video game in this review.

This one-episode OVA is an introduction to the world of the PS2 RPG that goes by the same name. I liked the game and played it before watching this, therefore I fully realized the incoherence of the story and the plain worthlessness of this anime.

Ar Tonelico is a massive tower, reaching from the bottomless depths below the continent known as the Wings of Horus up into the skies high above. Lyner Barsett is out on a mission in his airship, but the electromagnetical disturbances around the tower, known as read more
Dec 10, 2009
Nobita-chan (All reviews)
Ar Tonelico OVA is based on the PS2 video game of the same name. I've played the game itself before watching this OVA.
The animation itself is on par. What I like is that they used some of anime scenes from the game (only modified a bit).
The story itself is not good but not bad either. After watching this, I thought that this was made to show how the magics are done and show in depth one of the places found in the game. Just my thoughts. Really.
I do like the characters a lot. Sadly, only some characters appeared but managed to retain some of its read more
Nov 17, 2015
Szandor (All reviews)
How would I describe this? It can be factually described as a promotional piece for a video game, but also conceptually as the first episode in a longer series that never got produced.

It sets up an imaginative setting with rich content and an interesting background. The story promises to be engaging and rich and the characters show a lot of potential. And of course, the music is great. But there is one small flaw that takes everything down a few notches and actually places the overall score lower than the individual scores.

This is the only episode.

There is so much promise here. Yes, it's meant to read more
Oct 22, 2018
AngelWin14 (All reviews)
I started watching this OVA without even knowing the premise, so my expectations for this one was quite low. From the first few minutes of the anime, I immediately thought that this one is a game adaptation. The atmosphere and the graphics gave it away. The 3D look of the airship reminds me alot of the video games I use to play when I was young. It was definitely nostalgic.

From the first 10 minutes of the anime, I wasn’t hooked at all. There was no world building, no explanation about WTF was going on. All I see was a guy in a failing airship, a read more