MyAnimeList.net

spohken's Profile

Sep 15, 2011
Usagi Drop (Anime) add
279 of 363 people found this review helpful

“Daikichi… Daikichi, wake up.”

“…mmhhh… Yes.”

I’m happy. Why? Well, because this show did so much right that it’s tough not to be. Usagi Drop stayed true to the essence of the manga (before the timeskip) and didn’t stray far, if at all, from the original story progression. It captured splendidly the little nuances of an abnormal parent-child reality.

Our lives are full of insignificancies. Waking up irritable and half alert, washing your teeth, brushing your face, fumbling to find your valuables, grocery shopping without a list. The shit we wade through daily but clean up and forget soon after. These are experiences almost all can relate read more
101 of 219 people found this review helpful

[C] The Lack of Responsible Spending and Viewer Sympathy

It’s clear from my reinterpretation of the title that I flat out didn’t like it. I sat through the season hoping it would get better as it went along. It didn’t. So to sum up what this show did wrong: Almost everything… except the central concept and opening/ending scores.

Honestly, this anime didn’t give me anything to justify my watching it. Other than its interesting premise of another world called the Financial District which controls and inevitably destroys the economy of each respective country in the physical world, there’s nothing else to see here. Our protagonist, Yoga, Kimimaro, read more
Apr 23, 2011
MM! (Anime) add
48 of 97 people found this review helpful

Taro is sick in the head. Mio is sick in the head. Yuno is sick in the head. I think you can understand where this leading. Fundamentally, every single character in this anime is sick to the extreme at one dimension of their personality.

MM! is a story about the curing of a closet masochist by a sadist and the resulting shenanigans involving an androphobic, cross dresser, cult leader, prodigious inventor, lolicon etc. etc. It's basically a freak show, a twisted school drama, an exhibition of corrupted youths. But is that good?

Well, overall, the fetish humor had its moments. I especially found it golden when they read more

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices