MyAnimeList.net

Noir's Profile

Nov 15, 2008
GTO (Manga) add
134 of 162 people found this review helpful

I've hunted this manga for quite a while but there were always problems with the order. The translation was poorly done because it had a lot of spelling mistakes in it and failed to use proper use of the English language in some scenes.

That aside, this is by far the best manga I have ever read. I am stunned, the concept is so simple but so well thought out.

Well let’s start with a quick introduction to the story. Eikichi Onizuka is a 22 year old virgin and ex-gang leader of the dreaded motorcycle gang “Oni-Baku”. He’s a street punk with piercings and bleached hair, a read more
I found this review Helpful  Not Helpful
May 10, 2008
Battle Royale (Manga) add
94 of 138 people found this review helpful

A few years ago I saw a god-awful movie called Battle Royale, I discussed the movie with a friend and he said: Well if you hate the movie that much but liked the concept why don’t you read the original source material. This came as a shock to me at that time, I had no idea that the movie was based on a novel. I never got my hands on the novel so I decided to buy the manga.

I was astonished with the artwork in Volume 1, I kept staring at certain panels trying to figure out how much work they put into this. I read more
I found this review Helpful  Not Helpful