MyAnimeList.net

RSS Feeds
Nov 24, 2012
Shinsekai yori (Anime) add
22 of 138 people found this review helpful

I don't know what the hell happened.

The first 3 episodes were pretty fantastic actually. Slow moving, but the world building was top notch, the animation quality was excellent, the characters were interesting, the setting was pretty fascinating and weird, and the music was good. The pacing was slow but good. I was really, really damn happy for this show.

Then, everything after episode 3 has been absolutely terrible. There was apparently a change of director, and everything just went downhill. Pacing is awful and doesn't make sense, animation quality is absolutely shocking, camera angle rules are constantly being broken, the music is still okay but it's read more
I found this review Helpful  Not Helpful
Sep 13, 2012
Natsuyuki Rendezvous (Anime) add
5 of 19 people found this review helpful

I love this show. It was one of those shows where instead of watching it just to talk about it with other people on the internet, and checking the progress bar on at the bottom of the media player to check how many more minutes are left, I watched it because i actually really enjoyed it, and I was captivated.

I will list the bad thing out of the way first: low budget, not as bad as Muv-Luv Total Eclipse. Fairly typical for josei though, so I'm not knocking too much off. The animation is simple and there are no moments where the quality is bad.

Now read more