Favorite CharactersNo character favorites added
Favorite PeopleNo people favorites added
24 of 24 episodes seen
- This anime is probably one of the best anime I have seen in my whole life, everything about it from 'bad guys' to 'good guys' trying to fight each other from the people behind the scene. This anime is amazing because there are so much that you wouldn't suspect, though I did not give it 10/10 simply because I just wanted it to have more episodes. If I were to be biased this anime is 'perfect' not that most of you guys would agree but this anime can really but you at the edge of your seat. The anime gives a lot of twist and turns, from bad to worse which is soo entertaining because you are just dying to see what will happen next. Izaya (the main mastermind of... everything) is just so scary that I actually detest the guy though he doesn't he really exist (*.*), but surely you guys are thinking that I'm taking that guy tooo seriously but yeah if you have seen the anime then you can understand why I'm like this, but if you have not seen this anime then it's a "Must Watch" because I garuntee that you'll enjoy it.
Story - 10/10
- This anime's story is... to put it simple - perfect. If your wondering why, it's because of most of all the chair-edging scenes such as... the scene of all three heroin's fnding about the truth about each other about episodes 23-24. The story is well constructed, and it does not leave with thoughts like "where did guy come from" or "what happened to ... " because episodes 1-5 show's a great demonstration of showing what happened from different prespective's of each character, therefore making it interesting and it allows that auidience to take interest in other characters rather then just always seeing the main heroins. Shizua and Izaya, the two overpowered 'Dudes' show great interesting characterisation, because not only they are from the same gang "dollars" but they try to kill each other everytime they see each other, but it's mostly Shizua doing all the chasing. This creates some kind of comic relief because this shows to the audience that if these two make any encounter, it's automatic that something good or bad will happen and that Shizua seems to have "gay feelings" for Izaya because he just won't leave him alone... But yeah overall the different gangs "yellow scarfs" , "blue squares" and "Dollars" are interesting gangs because they shows different kinds of reactions towards society, 'Blues' - violent; "yellows" - Average gang (just hanging out) and "Dollars" - a bunch of people who made a group.. (sooo like a youth group?) who do good things... (mostly).
Lastly celty (the rider) was an interesting character on this anime, because she gave a lot of hints which makes her and interesting character which made the story more interesting, because she... is... uhh... funny? yet... serious... the fact that she's so intimidating but shes so 'girly' (sorry if I sounded sexist) makes an interesting character to have in the story, and the fact that they gave a little bit of her history made it easier for us audience to understand her. I didn't want to go over the story too much, because it might spoil it for some people who hasn't watched it.
Art - 8/10
- The art was pretty good, the way everyone was drawn was pretty amazing, though unlike most anime they don't have any scenes which they turn into this "chibi-like" character to shows there emotions of, happy, shy, angry etc... but I'm not much of a fan of those anyways. The arts of the motor bike, shadows... and evil 'things' were very well made, and it wasn't a predictable of what might they look like. Furthermore it's very unique of what they wear, like Shinra's father (a old dude, that wears a gas mask?!) was rather funny because he wasn't really that important in the story but the way he acted fitted perfectly to what he wore. on the other hand, the fact that celty is wearing all black biker clothing, but a cat like helment totally confuses you if shes really a grim ripper or a "dullahan" (a fallen valkyire). Most of the art were pretty believable because everything seemed to really fit in the anime, if your wondering what I mean, the scenary of what's happening around the anime, "a run-down area" fit's perfectly of an anime filled with gangs. Furthermore they make it seem more realistic by making some character's live in a run-down area, or place because unlike some anime's, some have a run-down place but for some reason they have a super clean room and a perfectly tidy enviroment for them to live in. But yeah the art is amazing, but if your wondering why I didn't make it 9 or 10/10 because the fact that it's got high school students wasn't really anything new, therefore it wasn't interesting unlike the other characters...
Sound - 8/10
- This... I don't know why they have this in the "reviewing" but... the sound is great? I guess, but the sound actually depends on where and what you watch it. But then again they might be talking about the sound of the characters... and sound effects? I don't have much for this... because I didn't really focus on sounds... but straight to the point
japanese Version - I didn't watch the Jp version therefore I do not know if the Jp dubbing is good.
English Version - The dubbing was fantasric, everything fit's perfectly from the description of the character.
Effects - The effects were alright, not amazing but average.
Character - 9/10
The characters were all amazing and fun to watch, however some did not have as much attention unlike the others, such as the police which celty is extremely scared of. He made an appearance as one of the new cops chasing after celty which shown just how powerful a cop can really be, however after that episode, we never seen him again, or more preferable just not noticed. The only time I really notice that cop, is when celty panics or the point of view focuses on this special cop. Most of the characters, were interesting ranging from:
Celty: a 'Black Rider', 'Dullahan', 'Grim reaper'
- A rider which doesn't have head, with black shadow thingies coming out of her neck, and a motorbike which makes horse sounds, make her one of the wierdest but interesting character. Oh and she's afraid of aliens... which is pretty funny because she doesn't have a head...
Shizuo: a 'bar-tender', 'Strongest man in Ikubukuro',
- An Over powered dude, which get's pissed so easily, call him stupid and he'll send you flying 500m in the air. He apparantly doesn't like violence, which is hard to believe because everything single episode we see him or even a glimpse of him, something or someone is flying or broken. His blue glasses make's him somewhat "awesome" and he has gay feelings for Izaya (that's what I thnk)
Izaya: a 'informer'... 'King'
- He Manipulates everyone and everything as he pleases, he is smart and he has commando like skills to jump long distances and has great accuracy with his knifes. He wears blackish clothing and laughs crazily or act's crazy from time to time, he doesn't seem to understand "fear" and he doesn't care if his about to die, he is always calm in any kind of situation. He is able to gain trust from people, and he just manipulate's in doing his dirty work, he feels "humans" are his sense of his entertainment, therefore he is constantly causing distress towards... Everyone.
Anri: a 'Slasher'
- She is a lot alike to the main character of blood C Saya. She has big boobs, wears glasses and gives away this feeling that you shouldn't piss her off, two people like her Mikado and Masaomi. She can release saika from her right hand and once's she slashes you she can control you. She is a shy character therefore she doesn't say much from time to time, she is a skilled swordsman and doesn't seem to be intimidated from getting surrounded. She's scary.
Masaomi: a "leader of yellow scarfs"
- he has street fighting skills, he is very flirty and he doens't care what kind of girl he flirts so long as they're cute. He switches personality depending on who his with, his a coward but conquers that at the last episodes. He doesn't specialise in any kind of weapon, so long you can hold and smash with it it's good for him. His best friend is Mikado and like's Anri.
Mikado: a "Leader of the Dollars"
- he doesn't have any kind of fighting talents nor is he extremely smart and manipulative like Izaya, but he is your average school boy. He wants his life to be adventurous and he reacts heroicly if his friend is in trouble, he also controls the entire group "Dollars" through a chat room.
Enjoyment - 9/10
- I loved this whole anime so great, enjoyed every single episode and I wish it can have more episodes. It took me 2 days to finish this anime all the episodes, you might think I'm addicted to this, but yeah it was that good I didn't want to leave my seat.
Overall - 9/10
- If you haven't seen this anime, then hate me if I have spoiled it for you. If you have seen this anime, then I hope you found my review helpful.
Thank you Very much for reading this review, I hope you enjoy this anime and get addicted like I did. :D read more
6 of 25 episodes seen
Okay Firstly I'm just going to say to people that don't understand the story on why they skip so many floors, and only go to the boss battles and stuff. Also why Kirito is strong straight away.
Well if you think about it, people who like this anime must have the experience of playing MMO type games; because in my own opinion if your going to watch this anime you must have interest in games, if not don't even bother watching because you will get bored. I play many MMO games that is why I love this anime so much.
Anyway's, the reason why they creator skips is maybe because he doesn't want the viewers to get bored. Furthermore when you have experience on MMO games, levelling up can take as long, as you want. So if he didn't 'Skip' he would not have met the target of 25 episode's. If your wondering why he just aimed for 25 episode, is either he is a new creator or he just wants 25 episodes :D.
now back to my review.
I scored this '9' because its the second anime based on MMO RPG games, which I really liked. Furthermore it's actually so amazing how he came up with a game which your life depends on. Having the story skip is not really a main problem, because MMO RPG are massive worlds so you wont expect those characters to keep meeting each other, if they did that would be really be stupid and it would destroy the meaning of "MMO". If you guys are wondering why not give episodes of how the characters levelled up, well like I said if they did that it won't meet the target of 25 episodes and that it would look like fillers. Though I would have made the story 10/10 if they hadn't done a random Evil Person in the start of the episode, (the Game Master dude) when he made his appearance well that made me say "Dafuq?" well not that its a big problem, it was just that those kind of things (Evil People appearing telling them that you will die here) is too commonly used. :L so yeah.
The art is amazing, It is so good Why? because it just what I would call Fairy tale art, because its a world with floating islands. The reason why I rated it 8 and your probably like "Wow Floating Island" in a sarcastic way, the only way to find out is to draw it yourself and you'll see just how hard it is to think about how big the island is and what it is going to have inside. The monster though are the one that gave it 8 instead of 9, because the monster seemed to be so similar to the monster in "Ragnarok Animation" so I'm not really amazed about that. I'm not saying that all the monster are similar.
The character look cool, having guild armours and stuff Kirito I think looks the coolest. But yeah that's all I have to say I just think everything is cool.
yeah the voice actors are good and totally match there character, they have chosen the characters for this anime very well and I think all the need to improve is to get a better battle music :D.
I think I have covered that in the Art section.
lets just say when I saw the first episode I went crazy for the next episode.
I said that at the start. Sorry for this fail review but yeah I'm in a rush right now cause I'm going abroad. read more
1 of 1 episodes seen
This Movie, was very good.
You guys are wondering why I put '8' and not any higher, if I thought the movie was good. well one of the reasons, is that at first nothing made sense, because naruto attacked the kage, and he gets caught in the konaha Village, which gave me a big '?'...
but soon after they, shown as why they captured naruto, and how he got to the kage from leaf to their place, in a short time. however this made me confused nearly throughout the movie which gave me a sense of "wtf is happening" thought you guys may think that you dont agree with me, I still thought that they should have a better plan then going to battle straight away in the first 2 minutes of the movie. On the other hand the reason why I gave it '8' and not any lower, is because of the fact that it was a interesting movie, because it shows you how people are like when they are in a prison or shows how friendly they are, though it may not be the same in real life >.> it just gives you a feeling for those that has to stay there, to repent.
anyways, like i said i was really looking forward on this movie, because of the fact that its the very first movie that I saw, with a ninja on a prison >.OV pretty unique if you ask me.
the others "art","sound2,"Character","Enjoyment" there all the same as Naruto, once i make the review for it [if naruto ever finishes D:].... read more
25 of 25 episodes seen
One of the best anime series I ever seen, this is could have been my favourite... but the mistake of this anime was probably the lack of episodes, and characters (in my opinion) you may be asking why? (for those who don't agree with me)...
For starters the female's in this anime is, somewhat very boring... but the males are very focused on looks and power, and this is bad because this has no balance on male and female what's so ever. Now many people might disagree with me on this but, I really hated how the manga artist made the female; because they were all weird. But, looks might not be the case of these anime, but still doesn't take away the fact that the anime was very unbalanced when it came to male and female...
Males might not agree but it reduces the amount of anime viewers because of the fact that they are put of how 'unattractive' the females characters are... I thought that the only decent female character was "Shura" or "Sura" Can't remember how her name was spelt :D...
Anyways back to the point, she did not look weird at all and also her power was very powerful, which proves it when she Rin tries to take her on. However the other females like Shiemi which has a little green demon, which can make plants grow out of itself was very... disappointing because I was expecting something like "Small but terrible" but no it didn't happen. Furthermore that green demon of hers, only seemed to Defend (which broke easily) and heal (pretty decent) and not much 'Superpower' going on... unlike Shura she wasn't able to help much in action scene's which made her a very uninteresting character.
now on a positive point, you guys are probably wondering why I put a '8' on the overall. The only reason was because I liked the whole anime's Story, because unlike most superpower anime's which has a battles in nearly every single episode, this had a balanced effect to it. They actually had to make a decent reason to fight before engaging anything else, I liked this because this prevents the "other" Powers to be seen and this prevents the story from being rushed. Also I liked how the enemies are very unique, because most 'bad guys' have a lot of spikes sticking out them, or big swords, or lots of blood on their clothes; the bad guys on Ao no exorcist is very hard to take seriously (in my opinion) because they all looked like clowns which made me have a liking on the anime even more.
thanks guys for reading my review on what I though about the anime for people who is looking forward on Ao no exorcist, please stay tune for there is a "MOVIE" coming between September to October sorry guys for not being accurate :P read more
26 of 26 episodes seen
Firstly when i first saw Kaichou wa maid-sama I really didn't seem to be interested, but after watching a similar anime called "Special A" I thought "Oh look this looks a little like Special A" so I gave it a shot. At first i didn't get what was going on. Which made me a little confused on the story a little. After watching the anime a little longer, the story became more clearer and more fun to watch. The story line is good, because of the fact that it is not a typical love story of when a boy meets a girl and they become in-love. Furthermore it is very interesting that the creator of this anime did not rush the way Usui and Misaki's found that they loved each other. This makes the anime more interesting because people would usually think that, when a boy and girl meet they expect them to love each other and in the future have a "problem" which makes them hate each other, and they find a way to come back together. That is the common way of making a Simple Romance since this is used a lot in Movie's. Kaichou wa maid-sama is also unique because of the fact that, the creator manage to think about an idea of using a high school student, working at a maid cafe, because of how hard life can be.
This is one of the main reason of why I liked the anime so much, on the other hand there are some let downs. I think that the creator made Usui the character I little bit overpowered and that he needed more episodes in how got to the same school as Misaki. It would have been better if we new about Usui's past since, all we know from people that watched the whole anime series is that he comes from a "rich" family, and that he is naturally an overpowered character which is good but it would've have been more interesting for people to know what, where, how, who, why Usui was here since for all we know he could have just been there temporally or he was kicked out of his mansion.
But still this anime is near enough perfect, I Re-watched this anime atleast about 5 times, episode 1 - 26, since it so good.
Lastly I was just wondering will there be a Second Season? because in the Manga there is a lot of scenes I have not seen and I would like it to be converted into an anime. Besides so many people is requesting for a 2nd season for Kaichou wa maid-sama
Thanks for reading my review
I wished it helped you a little in why I like the anime so much read more