MyAnimeList.net

Volumes: 11
Chapters: 66
Status: Finished
Published: Sep 1, 1999 to May 25, 2011
Authors: Ozaki, Kaori (Story & Art)
Serialization: Wings

Score: 8.381 (scored by 3311 users)
1 indicates a weighted score
2 based on the top manga page.

My Info

Popular Tags

adventure comedy romance
Dec 28, 2007
Lirael
The story of Immortal Rain is one which captured me from the first page. The serene yet tense atmosphere in the first few pages drew me in instantly. From then on it's full of action, suspense, humour, beauty, romance, symbolism, joy and dispair, regret and hope... All sorts.

The characters are simply superb.The first book allows the reader to get to grips with the personalities of the main two and as the story progresses through the first 4 books, we learn more about Machika and Rain; their backgrounds, their painful memories and hopeful spirits. It makes the two truly enchanting,

The art is, for the read more
Mar 13, 2010
Lenka-Penka
Well, i don't know what words i should use to describe all the feelings i have while i've been reading this manga. It's outstanding for me! i even held my breath sometimes.
- The Story- The story is wonderful and touching. At the beginning it was quite average, but by the end of the first chapter, i've realised i'm totally captivated by it.
- The Art- Well, tastes different of course, but i loved it. You know, sometimes the picture is pretty and clean, but you cant see and feel all emotions of characters. This manga's art is perfect in that way.
-The Characters- They read more
Jul 9, 2010
awesomeoost3
So I started reading this thinking i was gonna rate it a 7 and that the story would be interesting but nothing special. I WAS SO WRONG! This is the PERFECT blend of romance and action. The plot never got boring and I couldn't stop reading.

The characters are great. The plot is pretty serious but the author also includes funny things that aren't cheesy. The plot keeps changing so you are never bored but you are still able to follow the story really easily.

This is is like 'Tokyo Crazy Paradise' meets 'Fullmetal Alchemist' meets 'Superior'. Well you might think that maybe my comparison is read more
Jul 6, 2010
AyaSeiran
Story:

This is a very well-rounded manga. It has action, romance, suspense, tragedy- it has a little bit of everything. Once you begin, it's extremely hard to put it down. The story flows so well from one chapter to the next and you never know what is going to happen- not a moment of it is cliché.

Art:

I absolutely love the art in this story...
There is a noticeable difference around chapter 20 where the art improves greatly from chapter 1. The art almost seems like portraits of real people- it just draws you in because it's so alluring.

Characters:

The main characters are well-detailed in back-story and read more
Mar 26, 2010
ragesugar
The summary caught my attention when I was looking to read something different. Even though I personally love a ton of romance in what I read, the small amount and the development of the relationship between Machika and Rain was very well done.

I wish this would really be turned into an anime, as I adore this so much and seeing it animated would make my heart explode with happiness.

I highly suggest this manga and I cannot wait for it's completion (thought part of me wants it to go on forever.. with faster updates as well X3)
Sep 7, 2011
brisingr123
The immortality of one's soul... is it an amazing gift or a foul curse?

After reading 62 chapters, I remain with the first few lines from volume 2, chapter 8:
I have no name, I have no form, I have no home. I will take your hand with these ethereal fingers. I will call you with this soundless voice.// If I could only embrace your flame in this empty heart.

I liked the story before reading those lines, but it was exactly them that made me love the story, the characters, and even... Yuca.

Pain is a double-edged sword: in Yuca it brings hatred and an almost sociopathic streak, read more
Nov 15, 2011
mooglebot
This is one of my favourite works of fiction, in any media, ever. And unfortunately, it seems tragically under-read.

The art is beautiful, crisp and clear. You can almost feel every little frown, smile or look of sadness.

The plot is addictive - it combines the drama, action, and loss with just the right amount of humour and romance to lighten the mood, in the appropriate places. The only reason I failed to give it top marks is beacuse it has certain moments where the pace could have been a little quicker, or it seemed a bit repetitive - but these were brief, and didn't read more
Sep 22, 2012
OlivriaNoel
''Eww. A six hundred year old wanting to date a fifteen year old? This is gonna get old.''

Ladies and gentleladies and as well as that, possible men. I am an idiot. The above I consider not a spoiler simply because in the first few chapters, this is, by all accounts the main drive of the story. The bond between two people, two rather amazing characters. The lovable, big idiot with a timespan of infinite and a hair length that would make Fabio grumble and the girl with a fiery heart that wants to Kill Him, Kiss Him. Not that manga.

It should be -so- cliche by read more
Aug 12, 2008
wassi
when i first read the summery i just had to download the manga, and after i strated reading it i got hooked and read it non stop, the story was interesting and thats one of the things that got me hooked to it.

the character development is great as both characters change emotionaly throughout the manga and you can see thier relationship changes.
May 20, 2014
aniaw
This manga is absolutely amazing.

The story is great. It blends adventure, romance, comedy, drama. Despite being a fantastical manga, it still has an incredible message. It's very hard to describe the feeling I had after reading it. All I can say is that it made me love being a human being despite all the hardships I just read.

The art, like in many manga, gets better as the story progresses. By the end, it's very clear and conveys so many emotions.

It's the characters that make this manga. Their development is remarkable. Rain's backstory is the most touching, yet strangely simple thing I have every read more
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices