MyAnimeList.net

Volumes: 18
Chapters: 110
Status: Finished
Published: Jan 1, 2005 to Feb 5, 2014
Authors: Lee, Nicky (Story & Art)
Serialization: Star Girls Comic

Score: 8.401 (scored by 4156 users)
1 indicates a weighted score
2 based on the top manga page.

My Info

Popular Tags

comedy drama romance shoujo
May 9, 2009
SimpleCandy
Okay, I admit it, I love The One but when it first came out and I read the beginning I quit of the 5th page. It was only after I have read everything else I wanted to when I decided to pick this up again.

Story: The story isn't that amazingly unique and original in terms of a girl being forced to go into the fashion industry and finding hardships and love on the way, etc. However, this type of story is usually very well received by the general population therefore the story should (and is) quite good. I gave it a 8 to balance read more
Apr 2, 2010
anetxi
The story in "The One" is neither boring nor slow-paced, which makes it very interesting and stimulating to the reader; although the underline theme is "life in the fashion world", it does not fall in the cliché category.

The main character escapes from the typical lead female in anime/manga, which makes the reader curious, because you don't easily predict what the character's next move will be.

The artwork is very good, nothing over the top, but captivating and very pleasant.

This manga turned out to be a surprise for me, I never expected to be this devoted.
Although it's not finished yet, it's interesting to re-read the read more
Jun 9, 2012
vampyrechic13
The One is my all time favorite manga since Dazzle... I adore the story and art. Miss Cane is the most amazing character I've ever had the pleasure of reading about. There are many bishie characters that most will enjoy. I recomend this incredible story to everyone unless you can't get over (very very slight) bisexual situations or implied relationships. Either way one of the best mangas I've ever read!!
Jan 21, 2013
Ipomoea
to be honest, when i found "The One" im not interested... lol :D in fact, i doubt that it will be a good manhwa, honestly...i seldom enjoying a story about pursuing a dream in showbiz/modeling world... most of the time these kind of story turn out to be not my taste....
but the art is appealing me to at least trying a few chapter, and yeah art is no doubt i guess. And when i get to the mood and the plot, i just can't take my mind from it... the drama is A LOT... but the author is success making the reader keep getting excited.
May 21, 2014
purpleIris
On the surface, The One starts off like many fashion-based shoujo mangas with a beautiful naive girl somehow finding herself in the throes of the dangerous, alluring and exciting fashion industry. However, somewhere along the line, among the typical tropes in this genre, the readers are introduced to an intense and intriguing story with complex characters who overcome their their tragic dark pasts. Granted, I still have two more chapters to read (at the time of this review) but I feel just that connected and confident in this story line, especially given what it's been thus far.

Story
Lele, our heroine, follows in the footsteps read more
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices